NBA: Cyclones in the pros 2021-23 (hoops)

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
A pretty efficient Monte-like performance for Mr. Morris today, as Denver got a comfortable win over the Knicks at MSG. Monte's line: 26 MIN, 9 PT, 4-8 FG, 1-2 3PT, 2 REB, 5 AST and 0 TO.

1st quarter 3 by Big Game (and he hit it over .... Nerlens Noel):

Tae came into the game averaging 12 points, 30 minutes and 32% from 3. He's started every game for Denver this season so far.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Tyrese had a quiet 2nd half - 3 points and some TOs - but the Kings held on for a good win against the Clippers. His line: 37 MIN, 18 PT, 7-14 FG, 4-8 3PT, 6 REB, 5 AST, 2 STL, 1 BLK and 5 TO.

Harrison Barnes is still out with an injury for the Kings.

Matt got an other DNP in the Bulls' win.

Nader did not play Friday night - still nursing a knee injury.

Reactions: simply1

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges; night, at least as I can derive from the box score: solid, efficient, unspectacular: 17 MIN, 7 PT, 2-4 FG, 2-2 3PT, 1-1 FT, 1 REB, 2 AST, 1 BLK and 0 TO. Georges has now equaled his career high in blocks - ahem, 8 - before Christmas. And he's shooting a cool 93% from the line.

The 76ers got a road win in OT vs. Charlotte (who, surprisingly, have a better W-L record).

You'd think they would:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Nuggets lost to the Bulls in Chicago and for the first time this season, Matt Thomas played meaningful minutes. The Bulls were missing 4 players so, FINALLY, the Ice Man got quality time on the court. I read a quote last week in which Billy Donovan complimented him on working out even after games, trying to stay ready.

Since that stretch in the Bubble in Orlando, he hasn't really taken advantage of his limited opportunities. Let's hope this lasts at least a few games and that he shows them what he can do. He's not going to get court time without being a super elite shooter and tonight's numbers aren't going to wow anybody: 19 MIN, 3 PT, 1-3 FG, 1-2 3PT, 3 REB, 1 STL, 0 TO and +14.

His 4-year college teammate again started and put up some good numbers but Denver fell to 11-12. Monte's line: 35 MIN, 19 PT, 8-13 FG, 3-5 3PT, 4 REB, 7 AST, 1 STL, 1 TO and +7.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
The Big Niang Theory! I love it. Georges has a podcast now.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
A list of all 23 former Cyclones playing basketball professionally around the world.

Wondering if this can really be all? No Deonte Burton plus would've guessed guys like Brackins, Gilstrap, maybe Korie Lucious and Chris Allen would still be playing somewhere

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Wondering if this can really be all? No Deonte Burton plus would've guessed guys like Brackins, Gilstrap, maybe Korie Lucious and Chris Allen would still be playing somewhere
Burton hasn't signed anywhere and last time I checked on Korie and Chris, they didn't have contracts, either though I can't speak to the accuracy of that list. The US produces a ton of players every year and there are only so many spots overseas so most guys don't last very long even when they're still healthy and contributing.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Lakers got a good home win over the Celtics last night and got decent numbers from Talen Horton-Tucker, who started. He's still struggling from downtown though. His line: 35 MIN, 12 PT, 5-13 FG, 0-5 3PT, 6 REB, 4 AST, 2 STL, 1 BLK, and 3 TO.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
An assessment of Matt Thomas' play the other night from a site called sportsmockery.com in Chicago:

Bench players stepping up
Donovan’s first-quarter substitution of Matt Thomas, an Exhibit 9 minimum contract player from Iowa State, showed faith in his short-sided bench.

Thomas can’t do much outside of hustle and shoot the ball, but that’s exactly what he did. He put in 19 minutes, scoring an end-of-quarter three-pointer, adding three rebounds, and plenty of effort on defense.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Well, this is not going to help Matt get any rhythm back to his game. How disappointing after waiting all season for his chance.

From Clutch Points:

The Chicago Bulls are dealing with a COVID-19 outbreak on their roster. After Nikola Vucevic missed time earlier this season, the Bulls now have four players in the NBA’s health and safety protocols. Matt Thomas is the latest player to enter the protocols, joining DeMar DeRozan, Coby White and Javonte Green. In addition to that, Alex Caruso is out for a week with a hamstring injury and Patrick Williams is possibly done for the season because of a wrist injury.

Let's hope the Ice Man gets cleared soon and that there is still some playing time out there to show his value to the Bulls.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron