Cyclones in the NFL - 2020 - 2021 season.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
David Montgomery continues to struggle in the rushing game - largely due to lack of run blocking, I think - but contributed some big plays in the Bears' come-from-behind win including the first half-TD shown above.

His final stats were 10 rushes for 29 yards (long = 7) and 7 catches for 30 yards, with a long of 17 (see below), which came on the winning drive in the 4th. Foles had a bunch of desperation check-downs to DM who turned most of them into positive yards.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
After 5 games, David Montgomery's stats for the season so far:

63 rushes for 247 yards and 1 TD (Long = 23 yds)

16 catches for 124 yards and 1 TD (long = 28 yds)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Hakeem Butler is NOT active today for the Eagles. Apparently, learning a new position on a new team takes more than a week and a half.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Borrowing this from @JP4CY and putting it here for posterity.

It was good to see Kelichi (seemingly) healthy again and mauling for the Chiefs. There was speculation in the other thread - and I had to agree - that you wonder if he can and will bounce back from this to play again. The dude has been an All-Pro and a great pro; I'm sure we all wish him well in his recovery. Both friggin knees.

• Friendly
Reactions: JP4CY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
No stats accumulated today for Jamal Perry (J. Wiltz) in the Dolphins' big win over the 49ers and C.J. Beat Hard. He was active but I don't have any other information.

A.J. Klein is supposed to play on Tuesday vs. the Titans. If that finally happens it might be the new Music City Miracle.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
While David's line isn't doing him many favors, he needs to get out of the habit of dancing around in the backfield and just hit the hole. He got away with it in college, but he doesn't have the speed to do that in the NFL.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
David Montgomerys' Bears got a good W at Carolina and moved to 5-1. DM's numbers were not overwhelming: 19 rushes / 59 yds / long of 12, 4 catches for 39 yards. He was the only guy on the roster with double-digit rushing yards and was 2nd in receiving yards.

Reactions: Snydes and Bigman38

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm a little worried about DM's longevity in the NFL given the short expiration date of the position and his struggles so far. He looks good from what I've seen, certainly passes the eye test. But a lot of people aren't watching and just see the box scored, which aren't good sadly. He really doesn't have that top end speed that you look for in a RB1, but yet you would think most knew that coming in.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
AFC East stats from Sunday and Monday.

Jamal Perry assisted on 1 tackle for the Dolphins. I watched most of that game and didn't see #33 on the field much so I don't know if it's because other DBs are now healthy or he wasn't grading out well. I did see him crunch a guy blocking on a punt return (IIRC).

AJ Klein started for the Bills and after a couple games getting just 1 tackle, he ended with 7 tackles / 6 solo in the loss to the Chiefs. If Osemele hadn't gotten hurt, he would probably have had to block AJ on occasion in that one.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I realize that Jake Knott didn't make it into the NFL, but anybody know where he is these days?

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis
AFC East stats from Sunday and Monday.

Jamal Perry assisted on 1 tackle for the Dolphins. I watched most of that game and didn't see #33 on the field much so I don't know if it's because other DBs are now healthy or he wasn't grading out well. I did see him crunch a guy blocking on a punt return (IIRC).

AJ Klein started for the Bills and after a couple games getting just 1 tackle, he ended with 7 tackles / 6 solo in the loss to the Chiefs. If Osemele hadn't gotten hurt, he would probably have had to block AJ on occasion in that one.
Klein forced a fumble on Travis Kelce

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I just saw Hakeem Butler run on the field for the Eagles on the punt return team. Chaos ensued and he had to run off the field to make sure they didn't have 12 on the field. But I think HB was supposed to be out there.

TEs Erts and Goedert are out tonight with injuries. Does that mean Hakeem will be on the field in 2-TE sets?

Help Support Us

Become a patron