NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Man, that would be awesome for Denver to beat the Lakers and Morris to go to the Finals. Come on Nuggets! Honestly, I like their chances. Great offense with multiple weapons. Jokic v Davis is going to be fun. They have some wing defenders that can at least check Lebron some.
I hadn't been thinking so much about the match-ups yet but you're right - Jokic and Davis are going to be interesting to watch. Jokic is like a skilled surgeon and Davis has so much speed and power (and a LOT of skill as well, of course).

Having Craig, Millsap and Grant to throw at Leonard and George helped so now they move on to LeBron. It doesn't get easier in the playoffs, does it? (They might have J. Butler or Tatum / Brown after that. The wing play in the NBA is other-wordly).

Reactions: Halincandenza

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
The Nuggets have been the comeback kids the last couple of years so I wouldn't count them out yet.

I thought it showed how much trust Malone has in Monte' that he kept subbing him in on offense when they were protecting that lead in the final minute. Monte' promptly got fouled in his very first second on the court in that final minute and knocked them down to help seal the victory. Those were some big free throws.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/bravo.gif

• Friendly
Reactions: VeloClone

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I want to agree with you, and do want Nuggets to prevail. But what it boils down to is which teams Top 2 are better. LeBron and AD>Joker and Murray. Not sure it would make a difference, but wish the Nuggets could have a healthy Barton for this series.
Yeah but everyone assumed that Leonard + George > Jokic and Murray, too. Some people thought Kawhi was the best playoff player in the league, so we'll see. Denver's 3 to 8 might be better than the Lakers' 3 to 8. And suddenly, Murray is Dame Lillard. Reggie MIller will argue that Jokic is the best offensive center in the league, so it's going to be a battle.

Your assumption may very well be right but I can't wait to see. With only a day off after their 2nd Game 7, Denver could start the series flat.

Reactions: helechopper

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
But what it boils down to is which teams Top 2 are better. LeBron and AD>Joker and Murray.

LA might have the starting 2 best player tandem, but Denver plays great as a TEAM! After the top 2 from LA I think Denver has a better bench too.

It's going to be fun as hell to watch.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
LA might have the starting 2 best player tandem, but Denver plays great as a TEAM! After the top 2 from LA I think Denver has a better bench too.

It's going to be fun as hell to watch.
I absolutely love Denver as a team. Only thing that drives me nuts is when Gary Harris shoots a 3. I can literally feel my eye balls rolling to the back of my skull.

• Funny
Reactions: helechopper

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Good news for the Nuggets - an extra day of rest before Game 1 vs. the Lakers. After two 7-game series, I'm sure they can use it. Friday night on TNT.

1600280364974.png

Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
A season review of Naz Mitrou-Long with the Pacers on NBA.com:

Naz was signed as "insurance" for this past season and came through the 2 times he was needed. The article cites his class and professionalism. According the the article, he could be signed again to a two-way contract but he's clearly not locked into anything yet.

• Informative
Reactions: simply1 and NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
8 points for Monte in the first half of Game 1 - 3 layups. He's so crafty reading the D. The Nuggest are trying to stay in striking distance. I think they just need to go down 3-1 and they'll have them right where they want 'em.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
LeBron dunking twice made me the easiest money of my life. Line was set at 1.5.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Game 1 didn't look good for the Nuggets but we've seen this in the last two series (although those opponents didn't have anyone named "LeBron" on their rosters). Denver cut the deficit a bit in the 4th quarter when it was already decided and took a 126-114 loss.

I only saw the 1st half when Monte got most of his stats (all buckets were lay-ups). His line: 21 MIN, 8 PT, 3-6 FG, 0-0 3pt, 2-4 FT, 1 REB, 3 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK and 2 TO.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis
Game 1 didn't look good for the Nuggets but we've seen this in the last two series (although those opponents didn't have anyone named "LeBron" on their rosters). Denver cut the deficit a bit in the 4th quarter when it was already decided and took a 126-114 loss.

I only saw the 1st half when Monte got most of his stats (all buckets were lay-ups). His line: 21 MIN, 8 PT, 3-6 FG, 0-0 3pt, 2-4 FT, 1 REB, 3 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK and 2 TO.
2 turnovers?????!

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I was surprised to see that THT didn't dress in Game 1 vs. the Nuggets. I understand that Houston had a lot of 6'4 to 6'7 guys that Talen could guard and that Denver is a bit more traditional that way. But a few guys dressed that didn't play any meaningful minutes vs. Houston (or vs. Denver in Game 1). You'd think he'd be ahead of them in the coach's priorities.

Hopefully, he gets some minutes at some point during the series. But I'm totally with Monte and the Nuggets ...

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I was surprised to see that THT didn't dress in Game 1 vs. the Nuggets. I understand that Houston had a lot of 6'4 to 6'7 guys that Talen could guard and that Denver is a bit more traditional that way. But a few guys dressed that didn't play any meaningful minutes vs. Houston (or vs. Denver in Game 1). You'd think he'd be ahead of them in the coach's priorities.

Hopefully, he gets some minutes at some point during the series. But I'm totally with Monte and the Nuggets ...
I think they swapped javale for tht for this series