NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Maybe someone that follows this thread can answer what could very possibly be a stupid question -- with the changes in CF's Forums, how do you start a new thread? Clearly I've started them before but now the "new thread" button no longer appears on my thread. Not sure if this went away with the re-design or the advent of being a paying member (I hadn't taken that step yet). But I have been digging around and don't see anything.

I thought a season's "Cyclones in the NFL" thread would be good since we had sort of random Montgomery and Lazard threads last year but no centralized place for those types of comments / content. (I had a couple things to post on Montgomery and Osemele).

What am I missing? I just don't see where you start one anymore.

Go to forum list click pro sports then upper right there is a post thread button. Thanks for all the work you do in these 2 pro BB threads.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Wow - what a comeback by Denver to force Game 7 with the Clippers. I had a family commitment and caught Monte's first half minutes and after he went back to the bench, they ended up getting down by close to 20 points. Frankly, I thought it was over and didn't even check the score until much later. They held the Clippers to 16 and 19 points in the 3rd and 4th to take a 111-98 win.

I thought Monte looked good in the first half (I have to go back and watch the whole thing tonight); he had 7 in the first half plus the old-fashioned 3-point play in the 2nd. His line: 16 MIN, 10 PT, 4-7 FG, 1-2 3PT, 1 REB, 4 AST and +6.

If they do manage to win the series, they will have played two exhausting 7-game series while the Lakers will be well-rested. They seem to have figured out how to play with some grit though so maybe they can pull it off.

Game 7 vs. the Clippers is Tuesday at 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT (dang - I will not be able to watch it live) on ESPN.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Game 7 tonight at 8pm CT for a chance to take on Talen's, er, LeBron's LA Lakers, in the conference finals. C'mon, Big Game.

1600187554562.png

Monte and THT have been commenting to each other on Twitter during the playoffs.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
"No team has ever come back from two 3-1 deficits in NBA playoff history".

Niuggets: "Hold my beer".

Nuggets / Monte vs. Lakers / ahem, Talen in the Western Conference finals. Just like Game 6, they just crushed the Clippers in the 2nd half. Of course, they tried to maximize the starters' minutes but Monte always contributes. His line: 13 MIN, 5 PT, 2-3 FG, 1-1 3 PT, 1 AST and 1 TO.

Good, quick move for a bucket to end the 3rd quarter:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm really glad we have players in the NBA and enjoy watching them play, but doggone it it would be nice if we could start playing good in Hilton again. That hasn't been since the Monte, Georges time frame. Well sorry for the thread derail.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Man, that would be awesome for Denver to beat the Lakers and Morris to go to the Finals. Come on Nuggets! Honestly, I like their chances. Great offense with multiple weapons. Jokic v Davis is going to be fun. They have some wing defenders that can at least check Lebron some.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Man, that would be awesome for Denver to beat the Lakers and Morris to go to the Finals. Come on Nuggets! Honestly, I like their chances. Great offense with multiple weapons. Jokic v Davis is going to be fun. They have some wing defenders that can at least check Lebron some.
I want to agree with you, and do want Nuggets to prevail. But what it boils down to is which teams Top 2 are better. LeBron and AD>Joker and Murray. Not sure it would make a difference, but wish the Nuggets could have a healthy Barton for this series.