NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Well, we're not going hit 66 points by ex-Clones today but this bubble basketball is entertaining for ISU fans, even in otherwise meaningless games. As noted above, Matt Thomas and Marial Shayok ended up guarding each other on several sets, with Matt hitting a 3 on him (he ran Marial off a screen) and Marial stripping another Matt 3 attempt on the way up and taking it the length of the court.

Matt played what were rotation minutes - the starters played 20 - 25 minutes in most cases for both teams. So I'm hopeful he might be a rotation player in the playoffs. He had some shots that were so close but wouldn't fall but ended up with 2-5 from 3PT (2-7 all FG) in 23 minutes and 6 points.

Shayok made his first-ever NBA free throw and ended up with 3 points in 10 minutes. He's mostly had DNPs in Orlando so it's unlikely he'll get any run in the playoffs.

Naz had a DNP for Indiana but Nader's already put up some decent numbers in the first half of OKC's game.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Matty has been off the hook since he's gotten actual run in the league, and he's obviously for real at this point. I don't know who you'd trust more to make a chuck shot, other than Harden and Curry.
If you guys want some laughs, https://www.reddit.com/r/torontoraptors/

has some good Matty ice memes and talk.

View attachment 74203
View attachment 74204

new NBA logo
View attachment 74205

That's among the most "gangster" quotes in ISU sports history.

Up there with Tinsley saying Phog was just another gym and skunking them for his career.

Reactions: cdface

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
This thread has gotten a bit surreal. Some of PT these guys are getting and numbers they're putting up seems like it should be preseason.
There is a preseason vibe in some of the games because most of the seedings are set and coaches often choose to limit their starters' minutes. But it's been fun to see that the games remained entertaining even with benches closing out the 4th quarter,

Personally, I've been starved for hoops and the fact that we can see "our guys" get some much PT is a huge plus. I think Nader, Niang, Thomas and Morris will get playoff PT.

For these seeding games, I'll take surreal.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
There is a preseason vibe in some of the games because most of the seedings are set and coaches often choose to limit their starters' minutes. But it's been fun to see that the games remained entertaining even with benches closing out the 4th quarter,

Personally, I've been starved for hoops and the fact that we can see "our guys" get some much PT is a huge plus. I think Nader, Niang, Thomas and Morris will get playoff PT.

For these seeding games, I'll take surreal.

I'll take it however I can get it. :)

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Nuggets ended up losing to the Clippers on Wednesday night but the game didn't matter. The led at halftime but the starters didn't seem to play much in the 4th. After 6 games in double figures in the bubble, Monte ended up with 6 PTS in 21 MIN (he was 2-3 from 3PT).

Denver has one more regular season game in Orlando vs. TORONTO on Friday but it's not on national TV. There will definitely be some Matt vs. Monte moments in that one.

OKC came back and beat Miami (It looks like OKC's bench outplayed Miami's bench in the 4th for the W). Deonte Burton did not dress this time but Abdel Nader again stuffed the stat sheet:
13 PTS, 17 MIN, 5-9 FG, 3-6 3PT, 3 REB, 1 AST, 1 STL and 2 TO. Clips of a 3 and a finish in transition by Abdel:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges' Jazz have their final regular season game today on ESPN at 6:30 PM ET / 5:30 PM CT vs. San Antonio.

As it stands now, the Jazz will face Denver in the first round of the playoffs (3 vs. 6). San Antonio is fighting for the chance to taking on the #1 seed Lakers.