NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
https://247sports.com/college/iowa-...IBQV-sLLY_7ECgcplKLL0ZO0VB1mDsjja1r26wICna938

Just as exhibition contests are getting underway in the NBA bubble, Denver Nuggets guard Monte Morris is set to join his team at ESPN’s Disney World complex. Morris has reportedly passed two consecutive COVID-19 tests and will be able to join the Nuggets in Orlando on Friday morning.

According to a report, Morris has been asymptomatic while working out in preparation for the NBA restart. Following a 36-hour quarantine, Morris will be eligible to play.

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx

I just smile and reminisce a little when I remember Talon is still only 19 years old and seeing where Talon is with being signed to Lebron’s agency and hanging out with all that comes with that.

I lived in Miami part of the time when Lebron/Wade/Bosh were living it up on Biscayne Bay. Those guys had so many super A-list celebs, musicians, Hall of Famers, super star athletes of all types flocking down to hang out/relax/party on their yachts and making the most of what Miami has to offer.

I’d assume in LA it’s pretty similar. What a amazingly unique experience for somebody that’s still 19 to have that opportunity to experience.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I just smile and reminisce a little when I remember Talon is still only 19 years old and seeing where Talon is with being signed to Lebron’s agency and hanging out with all that comes with that.

I lived in Miami part of the time when Lebron/Wade/Bosh were living it up on Biscayne Bay. Those guys had so many super A-list celebs, musicians, Hall of Famers, super star athletes of all types flocking down to hang out/relax/party on their yachts and making the most of what Miami has to offer.

I’d assume in LA it’s pretty similar. What a amazingly unique experience for somebody that’s still 19 to have that opportunity to experience.
And how incredibly difficult to concentrate on improving your game. I hope he can keep doing it.

Reactions: Jammin’

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
In the Thunder - Celtics game, Nader had 11 points but seems to have taken a bad fall:

Andre Roberson got on the court for the first time in 2.5 years and his successful return will eventually mean fewer minutes available for other wings.

In a game in which OKC handed out playing time liberally, Deonte Burton only played 3 minutes and hit a 3 with his only shot. I can't imagine he's in the Thunder's plans for the present or future.

Shayok got 3 mop-up minutes in the 76ers scrimmage and hit two free throws.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

Matt played 14 MIN in Toronto's scrimmage win over The Beard and company. He wasd 2-5 FG, 2-3 3PT with 6 PTS. He was tied for 9th in minutes and Gasol had the night off. They have incredible depth on that squad.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges had 12 points in 17 minutes in the Jazz' scrimmage win over the Heat. He was 1-5 on FG and 3pt at one point and ended 4 for 9 from 3pt.. All of his buckets so far in the 2 scrimmages have been from 3pt. He addeed 6 defensive rebounds.

Georges with his first 3 of the scrimmage as the trailer:

Reactions: Snydes

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I haven't seen the clip but Abdel Nader must've banged his head hard on his fall in OKC's last scrimmage. Today he's missing the Transferred-to-ISU Cup but Shayok and Burton are still hoping for playing time.

PS I wonder how much Nader hates the Celtics.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Nice 2nd Orlando scrimmage for Matt Thomas. The Ice Man was 5-8 FG, 4-7 3PT and ended with 16 PTS.in 18 minutes.

Here are his 4 3s -- check out how far he was leaning forward on the 3rd one (he's really gotten better and better at shooting when he doesn't have a 100% clear look and time to square up);

Me, too.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Other Cyclones in action today - or not - in the 2nd (of 3) mid/pre-season NBA tune-ups"

It's too bad Abdel Nader couldn't play because of the concussion protocol. I kind of see him as a rhythm player offensively and after that long layoff, it's not ideal to miss practices and games. Or maybe "games."

Deonte Burton played 4 MIN vs. the 76ers and hit 1-2 3PT for, well, 3 points.

In the same game, Marial Shayok got 11 MIN and missed all 3 of his 3's for 0 PT. He did rack up 4 fouls.

Naz played 5 MIN for the Pacers vs. the Mavs and had no point (or even shots) but did have a couple of assists to go along with a couple turnovers.

Alas, I doubt Burton, Shayok or Naz will get any meaningful minutes in the season re-boot. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Programming note: Thursday, July 30 is the official NBA re-start with TNT carrying the opener -- Utah Jazz vs. New Orleans Pelicans at 6:30 ET / 5:30 CT.

I'm sure the marketing people will build that up as "Georges vs. Zion!" :)

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Nice! I was checking their Twitter feed last night and this AM to see if there was an update. All this delay wasn't really good for Monte's career. Hopefully, he gets right back to being his productive and efficient self.

It wasn't ideal, but in the grand scheme of everything it will likely just be a speed bump. It was an in home birthday party with about 20 people. Just happened to be during a pandemic, right before the season was going to start, and with a high profile teammate (MPJ) in attendance. Oh and the dreaded posting a video online.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Monte didn't play in the Nuggets' final scrimmage, his first day cleared to re-join the team.

Georges didn't shoot it very well for the Jazz (2-9 FG, 0-6 3PT). He also had 4 boards and 4 turnovers to go with 6 PTS in 20 MIN. He did get excited about their W over the Nets:

THT played 21 MIN for the Lakers, who rested their big guns. He had 3 PTS on 1-6 FG (1-3 from 3PT). He also had 3 AST and 3 TO.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
In the Raptors' final scrimmage before the re-start, Matt Thomas had 13 MIN, 5 PTS, 1-5 FG, 1-2 3PT and 4 REB.

Naz got 4 MIN and had 3 PTS for Indiana.

Nader is back in action for OKC.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
In OKC's final scrimmage - and Nader's first post-concussion action - he got 25 MIN, 11 PTS, 3-8 FG, 3-6 FG, 3 REB and 1 AST. They played their starters between 15 and 20 minutes tonight. Hitting 50% from 3 didn't suck. Let's see how his minutes will be now that Roberson is back.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Deonte Burton, who played 9 minutes and had 3 PTS on 1 of 2 shooting from behind the arc.

Last edited:
Reactions: IndyClone15

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron