NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
lol @ the level of insanity in the world right now.....cant have a ****** party due to a virus that has a mortality rate less than rabies right now....

Well, you can have a party and Monte did have a party. Lots of people acting like they have no agency during this pandemic when they really do. Ppl just like to whine I guess.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Do 130,000+ people die in the U.S. from rabies in a six month span?

What a stupid comparison.
130,000 = 43 9/11s in terms of fatalities. Think of the money we've spent on security (and wars) since 9/11.

I think some good sporting action can help some of us in the dog days of August. I hope some Cyclone breaks out in the re-set because it's like a new season.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Well, you can have a party and Monte did have a party. Lots of people acting like they have no agency during this pandemic when they really do. Ppl just like to whine I guess.

For a guy who's as mature as he is on the court, it wasn't a smart thing for Monte to do. I'm glad he's been viewed as a serious, hard-working professional before to influence the perception of this recent behavior. He's young, has money and I'm sure has been getting bored with the league closing down; it's not shocking that he wanted to have some fun on his birthday but I hope it doesn't impact his standing with the Nuggets.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
For a guy who's as mature as he is on the court, it wasn't a smart thing for Monte to do. I'm glad he's been viewed as a serious, hard-working professional before to influence the perception of this recent behavior. He's young, has money and I'm sure has been getting bored with the league closing down; it's not shocking that he wanted to have some fun on his birthday but I hope it doesn't impact his standing with the Nuggets.

Yeah, I don’t have a problem with the party but it was a bit of a risk, as most things are.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Reading tea leaves, but probably a good sign.

Edit: Also, I love watching Monte's celebrations. It always just looks like pure joy and not cockiness.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I can't find a box score but the Jazz trailed the Suns from start to finish in both teams' first scrimmage today. As I suspected, Royce O'Neal started for the injured Bogdanovic instead of Georges.

Speaking of Georges, I know that he played from some tweets and he hit at least one 3. What I didn't realize is that he was suffering from a sore ankle for much of the time that he's been in Orlando and was not doing full workouts. It seems like he's back but I imagine a bit rusty:
https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2020/07/16/utah-jazz-forward-georges/

Round, orange-ish balls are being tossed into hoops and people are keeping score! And Cyclones are playing.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
NBA.com has the box scores from today's scrimmages:

Georges played 13 minutes in the Jazz' loss and had 9 pts on 3-6 shooting. All his makes were 3s (3-4 fr 3).

THT had 4 pts in 13 minutes on 2-6 shooting. That's only a half shot per minute, Talen.

Naz played 3 minutes and had 2 pts (1-2 FG) in Indiana's scrimmage.

A Cyclone in all 3 of Friday's games? Shayok, Thomas, Burton and Nader all potentially will play tomorrow in their teams' 1st Orlando scrimmages. No Hawkeyes are expected to see action :)

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
NBA.com has the box scores from today's scrimmages:

Georges played 13 minutes in the Jazz' loss and had 9 pts on 3-6 shooting. All his makes were 3s (3-4 fr 3).

THT had 4 pts in 13 minutes on 2-6 shooting. That's only a half shot per minute, Talen.

Naz played 3 minutes and had 2 pts (1-2 FG) in Indiana's scrimmage.

A Cyclone in all 3 of Friday's games? Shayok, Thomas, Burton and Nader all potentially will play tomorrow in their teams' 1st Orlando scrimmages. No Hawkeyes are expected to see action :)

Uthoff may play a bit for the Wizards if he’s recovered from getting his ass stuffed by Bol Bol yesterday.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Assuming they're playing Toronto's scrimmage tomorrow on the main court at the Disney complex, it might bring back memories for him. He bailed us out in the last minute of the Thanksgiving tourney game against an average Indiana State team. (I was at that game and the next one vs. Miami. Couldn't stay for the final vs. Gonzaga. My family and I were visible on ESPN a couple of times vs. Indiana St).

NCAA BASKETBALL: NOV 24 Advocare Invitational - Indiana State v Iowa State
ORLANDO, FL - NOVEMBER 24: Iowa State Cyclones guard Matt Thomas (21) makes a 3-pointer over Indiana State Sycamores guard Laquarious Paige (32) to take the lead in the second half of the 2016 Advocare Invitational NCAA mens basketball game between the Indiana State Sycamores and Iowa State Cyclones on November 24, 2016, at the HP Field House in Orlando, FL. Iowa State defeated Indiana State 73-71. (Photo by Mark LoMoglio/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

iowa-state-cyclones-guard-matt-thomas-makes-a-3pointer-over-indiana-picture-id625636164