NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Raptors Community produced a video of every 3-pointer by the Ice Man this season (so far) for the Raptors. If you'd have told me when he was a sophomore that he'd be playing in the NBA, I probably would've (foolishly) laughed at it. Anyway, here are about 2:43 of Ice Planet Hoth (I love when their announcer growls, "Matty Iiiiiiice"):

Edit: Matt's final 3 of the "regular" regular season was vs. the Jazz and right at the end of the video, there's a shot of Georges watching him run back up the court after his trey.

Only one of those 3s even rattles the rim. It really sticks out.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
If you're jones-ing for Cyclones in the NBA action, this popped up on my Youtube feed -- Hornacek went 8-for-8 from 3 one game, and they shot fewer of them back then. What a stroke he had. Quotes by Karl Malone and others. For some reason, there are subtitles in Dutch (I believe). I learned that the translation for "lay up" is "lay up".

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
The Jazz are upping the hype as the NBA's re-start - we think - gets closer. Nice flashback of a mini-van bomb:

And in classic Georges-style, you can see him turn (briefly) to the Wizard's bench after hitting the 3. I'm sure he had something clever to say to them!!

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
About the only thing on Abdel Nader's twitter feed during the NBA's suspension of play is links to broadcasts of him playing Call of Duty.

I hope he's a big contributor for OKC in the NBA bubble.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
In the NBA bubble:

I believe that's a Nader sighting:

The time off seems to have allowed Andre Roberson to heal so this could impact Abdel's playing time, if Roberson is indeed ready.

Last edited:

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Monte (pictured, I THINK) and the Nuggets got to Orlando today for the Bubble-a-thon.

The guy on the left is Troy Daniels and not Monte I believe. Interesting note, the Nuggets have picked Tyler Cook back up to expand their roster.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The guy on the left is Troy Daniels and not Monte I believe. Interesting note, the Nuggets have picked Tyler Cook back up to expand their roster.
Good eye (I've found myself next to acquaintances wearing masks in stores and have not been able to recognize them).

Yes, Cook got a full NBA contract so the Hawks can now have a "Hawks in the NBA thread" :) I doubt he's in the plans for the playoffs assuming a healthy roster.

Do you know if Jokic has recovered and returned to the USA?

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Good eye (I've found myself next to acquaintances wearing masks in stores and have not been able to recognize them).

Yes, Cook got a full NBA contract so the Hawks can now have a "Hawks in the NBA thread" :) I doubt he's in the plans for the playoffs assuming a healthy roster.

Do you know if Jokic has recovered and returned to the USA?

I think I saw a tweet that he was on his way to Orlando on Friday. I haven’t seen any pics of him on the Nuggets feed yet, so he must not be there or I wonder if they are making him pass a covid test in the states prior to entering the bubble.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Loud City, OKC Thunder's SB Nation site, had some nice press on Abdel Nader in a recent piece (kind of rough on his last season's performance though). "Terminader" < Darth Vader, BTW:

The Terminader:

The Thunder’s wing rotation was thin at the start of the season. Terrance Ferguson and Hamidou Diallo were the two primary options for the small forward spot. Luguentz Dort emerged as a valuable contributor and the same could be said for Abdel Nader.

Nader did not play well during his first season in Oklahoma City. Nader struggled with his shot selection and it was common to see Abdel taking bad looks. Abdel Nader was shot-happy which did not always benefit the Thunder offence. I thought Nader would ride the pine and be a fringe rotation piece.

The opposite happened, Abdel Nader has become a valuable player off the bench. Nader put a lot of work into his game over the summer and it has paid off. Abdel Nader has been effective on defense and his scoring efficiency has improved.

There have been times when Billy Donovan has had to dig deep into his rotation and rely on rotation players to assume bigger roles. When the Thunder has needed Nader, Abdel has answered the call and played productively.

Link (including video clips of Nader scoring 23 vs. Portland): https://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2...hings-to-know-about-the-oklahoma-city-thunder

Reactions: amishclone