NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I came across this on Youtube - a 4-minute feature on Jeff Hornacek toward the end of his career by NBC Sports. Some nice ISU footage and a Johnny Orr interview. Jeff was a baller; if he hadn't played so many years alongside Stockton, people would remember his great passing more.

I thought I'd share since NBA play has been suspended.

There was talk on another thread of what ex-Cyclone would win the 3-pt contest. Jeff won the All-Star game shootout. TWICE.

PS He says he almost ended up at WESTERN MICHIGAN out of high school. ISU hoops history may have been very different if he had.

Reactions: VeloClone

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
For the love of all things sacred, please, Knicks, don't draft Tyrese. Until Dolan unloads that team, it will be a career graveyard.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Raptors Community produced a video of every 3-pointer by the Ice Man this season (so far) for the Raptors. If you'd have told me when he was a sophomore that he'd be playing in the NBA, I probably would've (foolishly) laughed at it. Anyway, here are about 2:43 of Ice Planet Hoth (I love when their announcer growls, "Matty Iiiiiiice"):

Edit: Matt's final 3 of the "regular" regular season was vs. the Jazz and right at the end of the video, there's a shot of Georges watching him run back up the court after his trey.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Bleacher Report is saying that Golden State is very high on Tyrese Haliburton. That would be a much more positive landing spot than the Knicks. As a pass-first guy, he'd have plenty of good targets at GS.

I love that the article quotes someone as saying he has a "polished jumper". Um, Klay Thompson has a polished jumpshot; Tyrese as a sophomore had a "less weird" shot than his freshman year. Hopefully, he's continued to improve his release point; he certainly has range and accuracy if he can get it off.

Article:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-on-tyrese-haliburton-ahead-of-2020-nba-draft

Last edited:

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bleacher Report is saying that Golden State is very high on Tyrese Haliburton. That would be a much more positive landing spot than the Knicks. As a pass-first guy, he'd have plenty of good targets at GS.

I love that the article quotes someone as saying he has a "polished jumper". Um, Klay Thompson has a polished jumpshot; Tyrese as a sophomore had a "less weird" shot than his freshman year. Hopefully, he's continued to improve his release point; he certainly has range and accuracy if he can get it off.

Article:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-on-tyrese-haliburton-ahead-of-2020-nba-draft

He's an elite spot up 3 point shooter. I think that is what they were referring to.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
He's an elite spot up 3 point shooter. I think that is what they were referring to.
Yeah, I agree with your point and he can indeed hit the 3 with incredible range. But I find "polished" to be a funny choice, given his unorthodox form. He also didn't pull up off the bounce to shoot the J a la Monte Morris very much.

But you could tell that the kid really worked on his shot between seasons.

It would be fun to see him getting some PT with GSW having Klay and Steph back.

The young men expecting to get drafted must be going crazy, waiting for the draft to finally get here. Strange year for them.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges Niang's Jazz are slated to open the NBA's re-start, vs. a Zion-not-named-Griffin (and the N.O. Pelicans), on TNT. July 30 at 6:30 ET / 5:30 CT:

16 of 302 players tested positive for COVID-19.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
In Round 8 of the Orlando Bubble Regular Season Finale (that probably doesn't exist as a brand name), Toronto / Matt Ice and Denver / Monte Morris will face off. Maybe that will have some bearing on playoff seeyding.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Man this thread getting me excited for Disney playoffs.
Was it the picture of Baby Niang? :)

I look forward to it, too, but at this point, I'd probably be down for the marbles world cup or national tetherball championships.

Hopefully, our guys' teams make some good runs and keep us entertained. I'm not so confident about college football in the Fall.