NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Quick check of Thursday and Friday night G League action:

THT stays hot vs. Sioux Falls with 22 PTS in 25 MIN including 5-10 from 3PT. He also had 5 TO.

Bubu Palo played in that same game and had 8 PTS in 27 MIN. He also fouled out and had 5 TO.

Marial scored 29 for Delaware, which means his scoring average will DROP. Very high volume so far in the G League for Shayok: 9-25 FG tonight and 2-8 from 3PT. He also grabbed 13 boards. How many games with Delaware will it take for Marial to pass the amount of points that he got his junior year at UVA? Six?

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
From last night's action, the Jazz lost a tight one to Ja Morant and the Grizzlies and Georges got a DNP (Coincidence that you lost, Quin Snyder? I think not. Free Georges).

I watched the OKC-76ers game. Deonte didn't play - even after scoring 13 points in their last game - but Nader made some some contributions. He ended with 16 MIN, 3 PTS, 1-3 FG, 0-1 3PT, 1 REB (except he didn't because at one point, I made a mental note that he'd just had 2 rebounds in a short span and I don't know what happened), 1 BLK, 1 TO and 3 PF. His TO was an offensive foul when he did what my kid does - lead too obviously with his elbow on a drive.

Nader has come a long way and has even made himself into decent NBA defender. He's most effective when he's slashing, which he did a few times last night, but he would be more employable if he were a more consistent shooter.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Killing time before the Texas game ...

The Raptors play the Mavericks tonight in Dallas so I checked on Matt's games in the 2017-18 with Obradoiro in Santiago de Compostela vs. Luca Doncic's Real Madrid team. The first time they played, Matt outscored Doncic - 14 to 11. In the 2nd game, Luca had 19 and Matt had a cold-shooting 7. Real Madrid won both games because, well, money.

Matt almost assuredly will NOT outscore Luca Doncic tonight.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Whar Naz?
call him mr. everything #2WayPlayer @NazzyJML

28 PTS | 10 REB | 5 AST | 12-19 FGM

@CycloneMBB ↗️ @TheMadAnts ↔️ @Pacers https://t.co/7goDKZtXUR

Good catch. I think that game was in progress when I posted those stats. I also missed LIndell's stats - he apparently started last night for the Wolves in Des Moines (on a night dedicated to Nick Nurse). Wiggy had 30 MIN (2nd-most), 16 PTS, 4-10 FG, 1-3 3PT, 3-6 FT, 5 REB , 1 AST, and an un-Monte-like 4 TO. Check out this left-handed finish though:

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY and RedDog

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Good catch. I think that game was in progress when I posted those stats. I also missed LIndell's stats - he apparently started last night for the Wolves in Des Moines (on a night dedicated to Nick Nurse). Wiggy had 30 MIN (2nd-most), 16 PTS, 4-10 FG, 1-3 3PT, 3-6 FT, 5 REB , 1 AST, and an un-Monte-like 4 TO. Check out this left-handed finish though:

Found this, too. Another great finish by Lindell in transition on Wednesday:

Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Naz gets REAL NBA playing time: Well, I'm happy for Naz even though the Pacers were blown out and he probably questions his own play. But the Pacers were down two PGs and they flew Naz back and he played 6 minutes in the first half and ended with the following line: 14 MIN, 1-5 FG, 0-4 3PT, 3 REB, 3 AST and 1 TO. I wish a couple 3's had gone in for him.

The Pacers all shot it horribly and were blown out by the Milwaukee fighting Giannises. Iowa shooter dudes McDermott and Korver both struggled to hit shots.

I admire Naz's work ethic and positive outlook. I am glad he's had a few of these games anyway so he at least gets a legit shot. He certainly could play at a high level in Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY and LindenCy

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Well, Matt Thomas didn't have much to report in the 2nd half of the Raps' loss to the Mavs. Toronto ran out of gas on the 5th game of a road trip with a depleted roster. Still, Matt played 17 MIN (2nd-most off the bench) with 10 PTS, 4-5 FG, 2-2 3PT, 3 REB, plus a team-high +12. And he added to his cult-hero status for the Raptors. He's taken advantage of his chance given to him due to some injuries.