NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Matt may get his chance to shine with Lowry out and the Lakers being pretty suffocating on defense thus far.
Yeah, the Raptors have some injury issues. They don't exactly play the same position but their are more "guard minutes" available, I would imagine. Hopefully, he knocks down a few 3's tonight.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Monte got quite a bit of PT tonight in Denver's OT win over the T'wolves. Murray was battling foot soreness, Gary Harris fouled out and M. Beasley was ill, which contributed to his having an opportunity. The bench unit lost ground in the 2nd unit in the 2nd quarter but when Murray went down in the 3rd, Monte went in and Nuggets' lead widened. With Murray back in during the 4th, the Wolves came back and ended up hitting some late shots to tie it up.

Monte's final line was 22 MIN, 4 PTS, 2-5 FG, 1 REB, 4 AST and 0 TO.

I believe that MM is at a 6 to 1 turnover-to-assist ratio so far this season.

• Funny
Reactions: Texbudman and NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I am getting kind of fanboy feelings about Matt Thomas. What a story and how far he has come. The Raptors lost Kawhi and Danny Green and then had to play at the Lakers without Ibaka and Lowry against a squad with A. Davis, K. Kuzma, D. Green and someone named LeBron James and Toronto won, 113-104.

Matty's numbers weren't overwhelming but he played quality minutes (you can see him in highlights in crunch time in the 4th): 15 MIN, 5 PTS, 2-3 FG, 1-2 3 PT, 2 AST, 0 TO. (He missed his only FT though - how did that happen?).

Check out the work he does to hit this buzzer beater:

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Matt's 3 vs. the Lakers:

Note: Talen Horton-Tucker did dress for the Lakers but did not play.

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
A chance to see Matty Ice tonight:

The Raps take on the Clippers at 10:30 ET / 9:30 CT on NBA TV. With all the injuries Toronto has plus factoring in Matt's solid play, he will be getting some minutes tonight. I'm now questioning my decision to downgrade my cable, thus eliminating NBA TV from my options ...

Niang is in action tonight vs. Golden State. With the injuries that Utah has, I'd expect Georges to see some court time.

Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Another shot of Shady Georges today:

Jazz are back in action and have lots of injuries. I expect Georges to get decent PT.

Reactions: Acylum

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Thanks @I-stateTheTruth for your updates!! I haven't watched as much NBA action yet this year. Hopefully Matt and Georges can utilize the minutes they are getting to solidify their places in the line up. I'm gonna try and watch the Raptors tonight.

I was one of those guys that followed NBA stuff "from afar" after Hornacek and Hoiberg were out of the league. Now? I regularly check out the game box scores and NBA news due to the Cyclones in the league. BTW, I wish Abdul and Burton could begin making more of an impact for the Thunder.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Last week (when the games were still unblocked on DirecTV) I watched all the Laker games.

They said THT was almost ready from his foot issue.

They may not shake things up right now but it’s the NBA grind and if you’ve got a uni you’ll get time somewhere along the line.

These guys get beat to **** in a 100 game season.

• Creative
Reactions: Texbudman

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Last week (when the games were still unblocked on DirecTV) I watched all the Laker games.

They said THT was almost ready from his foot issue.

They may not shake things up right now but it’s the NBA grind and if you’ve got a uni you’ll get time somewhere along the line.

These guys get beat to **** in a 100 game season.
He put up some numbers in the G League opener. I hope he gets on an NBA court soon.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I am getting kind of fanboy feelings about Matt Thomas. What a story and how far he has come. The Raptors lost Kawhi and Danny Green and then had to play at the Lakers without Ibaka and Lowry against a squad with A. Davis, K. Kuzma, D. Green and someone named LeBron James and Toronto won, 113-104.

Matty's numbers weren't overwhelming but he played quality minutes (you can see him in highlights in crunch time in the 4th): 15 MIN, 5 PTS, 2-3 FG, 1-2 3 PT, 2 AST, 0 TO. (He missed his only FT though - how did that happen?).

Check out the work he does to hit this buzzer beater:

First 2 point basket of the year I believe.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Thanks @I-stateTheTruth for your updates!! I haven't watched as much NBA action yet this year. Hopefully Matt and Georges can utilize the minutes they are getting to solidify their places in the line up. I'm gonna try and watch the Raptors tonight.

I was one of those guys that followed NBA stuff "from afar" after Hornacek and Hoiberg were out of the league. Now? I regularly check out the game box scores and NBA news due to the Cyclones in the league. BTW, I wish Abdul and Burton could begin making more of an impact for the Thunder.

Glad to be of some service (it's not like I have any insider info on ISU recruits). It's fun having some guys to keep track of. So far, I haven't seen much; I may have to get NBA TV back on my system.

And, yeah, I'm disappointed about Nader and Burton. Last year at this time, DB was in the G League and Nader was stuck to the bench, until about Christmas time. It's a long season and they both should get a shot at some point. But neither is on a guaranteed contract.

Reactions: NWICY and kentkel

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron