NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Jazz miss their first 8 3-pointers against the Celtics tonight and then .... Georges Niang buries the team's first one of the night.

He's on ESPN if you want to check it out.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges had a solid night for the Jazz, who have lost 4 straight at home now, vs. the Celtics. I hope Utah can turn things around because they've struggled after the ASG (although they fought back from an icy cold start to take the lead vs. a good team). Georges' line tonight: 14 MIN, 8 PTS, 3-6 FG, 2-4 3PT, 5 REB and -9. He's been getting a lot of boards and he helped get them back in the game in the 1st half.

"Rev it up"

I watched these two possessions and I thought Georges did a good job on Tatum, who hit two tough shots.

Last edited:

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I caught the 1st half and saw Georges get switched off a couple of times on Tatum. In Georges defense, I doubt there are too many back up 4s in the league that can stop Tatum right now.

Georges had a solid night for the Jazz, who have lost 4 straight at home now, vs. the Celtics. I hope Utah can turn things around because they've struggled after the ASG (although they fought back from an icy cold start to take the lead vs. a good team). Georges line tonight: 14 MIN, 8 PTS, 3-6 FG, 2-4 3PT, 5 REB and -9. He's been getting a lot of boards and he helped get them back in the game in the 1st half.

"Rev it up"

I watched these two possessions and I thought Georges did a good job on Tatum, who hit two tough shots.

QUOTE]

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Monte and the Nuggets are on ESPN tonight vs the Clips at 10:30 ET / 9:30 CT. That'll be a good test for Denver.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Better first halves than 2nd for Cyclones last night. And 2 beat downs on national TV:

The OKC Thunder managed to get the deficit under 50 at the end but were crushed from the beginning. Deonte Burton actually got some 1st half minutes (but missed his shots). Then he got a lot of garbage minutes and made a couple. Deonte’s line: 18 MIN, 5 PTS, 2-7 FG, 1-4 3PT, 6 REB, 4 TO and -28.

Nader played a lot of rotation minutes and he had 6 points by mid-way in the 2nd. I saw him with some drives around the basket that just didn't fall and a 3 that I thought was going in - tough night shooting for Abdel. His final line was: 25 MIN, 9 PTS, 2-8 FG, 5-7 FT, 0-2 3PT, 2 REB and -27.

The Nuggets actually hung with the Clippers for most of the first half but couldn’t keep up at the Staples Ctr. Monte had some immediate contributions but didn’t have as good of a 2nd half (neither did the rest of the team). Final line for Monte: 22 MIN, 7 PTS, 3-8 FG, 1-4 3PT, 3 AST, 2 STL and -11.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
if you're bummed about watching lousy cyclone basketball this year, I'd recommend the milwaukee bucks.

with their second best player injured, they won an nba game by 47 last night. just unbelievable basketball right now.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
2 Cyclones are in NBA action today - against each other. Matt’s Raptors take on Monte’s Nuggets at 6pm ET / 5pm CT.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Monte and Matt both on the court late in the 1st half in Denver.

I was listening on the radio and pretty sure I heard Nick Nurse yelling “what are you whining about” at Jokic. Cracked the Nuggets radio guys up. I like Nurse and am really happy a stud like Lowry got a ship.

Some horrid officiating since I’ve started watching. A Raptors player had his hand in the cylinder on a Nuggets dunk and the Nuggets got offensive goaltending for hanging on the rim once the ball went back down after the missed goaltending. Just ******* awful.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth