Cyclone Success in the NBA

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
For some reason I tend to forget Hornacek played for the Sixers. ... Understandable if it came at beginning or late in career, but it was smack-dab in the middle.
While I can't say I remember any of his time there, I always remember because he was the key piece in the Charles Barkley trade so I always remember PHI

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
While I can't say I remember any of his time there, I always remember because he was the key piece in the Charles Barkley trade so I always remember PHI
I will always remember my brother finding out about the trade:

"Hornacek got traded to Philly. That will be good for him playing with Barkley!...crap, he got traded for Barkley."

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
A little suprised Cato's highest must have been 27.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Try the assist list.

Passing Jeff in career assists would be impressive. Very long healthy career of starter minutes.

Steals is an area where Tyrese could really blow everybody away. He’s been moving between 6th and 3rd in nba all season.

Reactions: VeloClone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Hornacek probably could have played 3-4 more years than he did. He retired pretty early.

larry

Apr 11, 2006
iowa city
For some reason I tend to forget Hornacek played for the Sixers. ... Understandable if it came at beginning or late in career, but it was smack-dab in the middle.
Phoenix was close to getting to the finals, had to give up Hornacek to get Barkley. Barkley got Phoenix to the finals, but I (biasedly, perhaps) felt they missed Hornacek's shooting.

Easy to forget Hornacek's time in Philly, because Philadelphia didn't have much besides Hornacek after that trade. It sucked at the time, but worked out in the end with him ending up as an integral piece on a very good Utah team.

Reactions: cyclones500