Cyclone RTC Athletes

BillyClone

Mar 20, 2006
Ankeny IA
TheMat.com recently released their US Senior Men's Freestyle rankings for April.

Two of the Cylone RTC resident athletes are ranked in the top ten of their weight - #2 Kyven Gadson at 97kg and #8 Ben Durbin at 125kg.

However, in the listing, neither one of them is associated with the Cyclone RTC. Gadson is Sunkist Kids and Durbin is Titan Mercury WC.

I noticed this with Gadson earlier this year as well when he was named to the world cup team roster.

Anyone know why they aren't listed as associated with the new regional training center?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Money. I think Sunkist and TMWC give money to these guys. They help fund overseas trips and travel.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Anyone know if the CRTC is looking to add athletes ? If so, any ideas who they may be ?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I know Ben mentioned that a stipend would help determine what his wrestling situation/ location/ what have would be. I’m assuming that he picked up one from titans and that’s why he’s with them. Unless you are a Burroughs or Varner, the stipends are about enough to pay rent for these guys.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Anyone know if the CRTC is looking to add athletes ? If so, any ideas who they may be ?

Yes, but need more money. Between Gadson, Hall, Durbin and whatever the staff (not sure if any other than Metcalf is getting money) and Nate is getting has used up all the money.

I heard if we have additional funds, we would have had other guys with CRTC.

Speaking of that. Go here and help!
https://www.cyclonertc.org/

No ideas on particular names though

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
What is the nature of Dan Dresser's role? I thought Metcalf was supposed to be the point man.

Yes, but need more money. Between Gadson, Hall, Durbin and whatever the staff (not sure if any other than Metcalf is getting money) and Nate is getting has used up all the money.

I heard if we have additional funds, we would have had other guys with CRTC.

Speaking of that. Go here and help!
https://www.cyclonertc.org/

No ideas on particular names though

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I thought this as well. Wasn't Metcalf originally the Head Coach?

I think they are talking about the Iowa State wrestling program in general. Not sure on that though

Not sure there is a lot of fuss over titles as far as CRTC.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron