Cyclone Football Twitter

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
I feel like there's a greater than 50% chance it gets picked off at Iowa this year. We really leaned on it heavily at the end of the year. It's a good play but Rocco threaded the needle twice against Texas. I think we ran it unsuccessfully in the bowl game. We need to save it this year and run a couple counters from that formation.
Have Brahmer run up the middle 6 yards, then out to the sidelines. Make a slower LB cover him. We didn't do that enough last year with him and it was way too much trickery tunnel screens up middle.

I think Brahmer is a better version of Kolar and we need to use him as such, he's a unicorn.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I’ve thought that for a while. Of course, that 49ers QB looks a bit cleaner in his actions than he sometimes did in college.

Maybe because he’s not running for his life as often?
Watching Purdy live was such a different experience than watching on TV. When I saw him live, it became apparent how bad the OL was. Against OU in the BIg 12 CG, he literally had to sprint right as soon as he got the ball on most plays because they were already in the backfield. It was jarring to see because it was so stressful. A great example of this was the first down he picked up against Oregon when it looked like he was about to be buried in the nonexistent pocket.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Reminds me of the 49er's QB.
Rocco has better technique and spin. He's just smaller, but plenty of zip for the next level. Size will be an issue.
6’1” vs 6’1”?

And people said that 49ers guy wasn’t really 6’1”, until the NFL Combine.
And is Rocco really that much smaller than Brock? I looked up Brock's weight in 2020, when he was a true Jr, it was 212 lbs. Roccos weight (listed) is 205 lbs., 3 mos before his RS Soph. season. Both are listed at 6'1".

It will be interesting to see if Rocco gains a little weight over the next 2-3 years.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
after seeing the Cooper Alexander tweet got me thinking about the TEs. We saw Tyler Moore make a few catches against UNI, including a touchdown. Didn't really hear much from him after that. Was he dinged up a lot last year?

Help Support Us

Become a patron