Cyclone font

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Anyone know if they're ever going to make the Cyclone font available for all of us "freelance designers" to use? I'd really hate to have to trace the entire alphabet from the identity pdf in Illustrator...

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
If it's anything like the official university fonts, it will only be available with a limited license, meaning you have to pay to use it or be contracted by university to use it. And I'm pretty sure that the athletics branding trademarks are even more uptight about their usage.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think you can acquire both the logo and fonts by request. Someone I know has his own embroidering machine and was able to use them as long as he was not selling what he did. He'd make gifts and custom things like seat covers and such for his RV too. He was told as long as he didn't charge and make a profit from it he was allowed to use them.

I don't know the whole story about who he talked to and such but he had the old logo and colors he could download into his software for this machine and had ran it by someone at ISU before he started using them.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
If I'm not mistaken, in the past you could buy a CD at the University Book Store that had all the logos, font, etc. on it. Hopefully, they'll do this for the new logos/Cyclone font as well.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
Thread_Crap_Wont_Die_RE_mega_zombie_forum-s300x371-97014.jpg

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
What on earth provoked rekooknived to search and bring this up as the first post?