CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Voting is open for the Sweet 16 of the Cyclone Fanatic Sports Movie Tournament

How to vote (this will apply to all rounds):
  • To select the favorite (the sports movie seeded highest), choose the Heart emoji rating.
  • To select the underdog, choose the Rainbow emoji rating.
No other emojis will be counted.

Deadline to vote: Now through Sunday at 10 PM

Reactions: demoncore1031

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
My Votes

Game 1 Ring
1. Rocky (Heart emoji)
4. The Longest Yard (Original) (Rainbow emoji)

Game 2 Ring
3. A League of Their Own (Heart emoji)
10. Days of Thunder (Rainbow emoji)

Game 1 Hardcourt
1. Hoosiers (Heart emoji)
4. Tin Cup (Rainbow emoji)

Game 2 Hardcourt
2. Caddyshack (Heart emoji)
3. The Sandlot (Rainbow emoji)

Game 1 Diamond
1. Field of Dreams (Heart emoji)
4. The Karate Kid (Rainbow emoji)

Game 2 Diamond
2. The Natural (Heart emoji)
3. Slap Shot (Rainbow emoji)

Game 1 Gridiron
4. Remember the Titans (Heart emoji)
8. Happy Gilmore (Rainbow emoji)

Game 2 Gridiron
2. Bull Durham (Heart emoji)
3. Major League (Rainbow emoji)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
GOOOOOOOOO SANDLOT
Sandlot has it in the bag.

200w.gif

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Wow. I have no issues with the committee. They do a fantastic job with these things and this particular one was as well thought out from a seeding perspective as any other.

I do, however, have an issue with a lot of voters out there. These movie tastes are…something.

1. Raging Bull gets run over by The Rookie, which promptly gets worked by Days of Thunder. I mean…I agree with DoT over The Rookie, but the matchup never should have happened. The Rookie is a good story, but Dennis Quaid is not a good actor in the first place, and is not a believable athlete on top of that

2. Happy Gilmore crushing Rudy is an abomination. I think I know why that happened, and it’s crazy. Ok…so Rudy was an embellishment of things that may or may not have happened in real life. So what? Happy Gilmore, while funny, is an Adam Sadler movie, all of which are essentially the same thing.

3. Major League destroying Eight Men Out. I am not surprised Major League won. I mean…I get it, but by that margin? Eight Men Out is a historically significant film.

There are more personal beefs, but these stand out most to me.

Happy Friday :p

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Wow. I have no issues with the committee. They do a fantastic job with these things and this particular one was as well thought out from a seeding perspective as any other.

I do, however, have an issue with a lot of voters out there. These movie tastes are…something.

1. Raging Bull gets run over by The Rookie, which promptly gets worked by Days of Thunder. I mean…I agree with DoT over The Rookie, but the matchup never should have happened. The Rookie is a good story, but Dennis Quaid is not a good actor in the first place, and is not a believable athlete on top of that

2. Happy Gilmore crushing Rudy is an abomination. I think I know why that happened, and it’s crazy. Ok…so Rudy was an embellishment of things that may or may not have happened in real life. So what? Happy Gilmore, while funny, is an Adam Sadler movie, all of which are essentially the same thing.

3. Major League destroying Eight Men Out. I am not surprised Major League won. I mean…I get it, but by that margin? Eight Men Out is a historically significant film.

There are more personal beefs, but these stand out most to me.

Happy Friday :p
As a youthful 35-year-old, I feel I can speak on behalf of the CF fans that were born nearly a decade after Raging Bull was released:

1. Literally haven't seen any of these so I can't comment. Probably has something to do with the newest of these being 34 years old.

2. Rudy simply isn't a good movie. Happy Gilmore is masterful. Sorry to break this news to you.

3. I had never heard of Eight Men Out before this tournament and Major League is fantastic.

Lastly, Caddyshack is so much better than Sandlot it isn't even funny. Anyone voting for the latter is voting purely for nostalgia.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you...he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin'." - Harry Hogge
Robert Duvall is severely underrated, IMO. I know, I know…the Acadamy Awards are not gospel, however, this man has been nominated for 7 Oscars, and only won 1 of them. I’m not saying the Harry Hogge character was award worthy, but every movie Duvall is in is better, in part, because he’s in it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron