*** Cyclone Fanatic Sports Movie Tournament: Round of 64 ***

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
It's actually not THAT low, I think a 9 seed, if I'm not mistaken. It got a tough draw for sure. It's probably my favorite basketball movie.

Nope. As we discussed before, Rosie Perez and her absolutely irritating voice that wants me to shove knives in my ears drops this movie to never watching again status. But first hustle scene “we’re going to Sizzler!” is a classic.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Nope. As we discussed before, Rosie Perez and her absolutely irritating voice that wants me to shove knives in my ears drops this movie to never watching again status. But first hustle scene “we’re going to Sizzler!” is a classic.
At least her boobs were kinda hanging out in a couple scenes, but yeah, that voice is annoying!

• Agree
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
UPSET ALERTS:

(12) Rocky II is destroying (5) North Dallas Forty
(10) Days of Thunder with a 1 point lead on (7) Any Given Sunday
(9) Miracle up big on (8) Seabiscuit
(9) White Men Can't Jump beating the crap out of (8) Chariots of Fire
(11) Dodgeball up 11 on (6) The Bad News Bears
(10) Kingpin up big on (7) The Blind Side
(15) The Rookie up 10 on (2) Raging Bull... Are you people crazy?!?!?!
(12) BASEketball with a comfortable lead on (5) Million Dollar Baby... Steeeeeeeve Perry!

Cy4All

Aug 20, 2022
Wow Any Given Sunday v. Days of Thunder us a true barn burner.

Look at all these degenerates voting for BASEketball and Dodgeball. Really goes to show the target audience here. Oh wait I'm one of those degenerates.

I found I'm very pro underdog in this tournament. Can't wait to see who moves on.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I just watched Ford vs Ferrari for the first time.

Good movie and very good “sports” movie in terms of making you feel along for the ride. I know almost nothing about auto racing but it’s pretty easily my favorite auto racing movie now, better than Days of Thunder and Rush for my taste

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Lucas is a great movie, but not sure I'd consider it a sports movie.

“Sports“ movie has to have at least a few scenes where it’s like a dramatized version of actually watching a real game or fight or behind the scenes training. Maybe 15-30 minutes minimum.

I just watched Ford vs Ferrari and maybe 70% of it was working on the car or racing, was probably toward the high end.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If you didn't like her in WMCJ never, ever watch her in Do the Right Thing.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Definitely need someone other than me, I recognized 0 of those .
Yea that type of bracket would be very niche and mostly millennial but if you had cable growing up, the Disney Channel Original Movie of the (every other) month was must watch TV for basically all my friends when we were like 6yr old to 12ish. High School Musical was probably the last one I watched "live". Looking through the list, 1998-2002 was just peak perfection (as much as a made for children and straight to TV movies go)

Reactions: NWICY