*** Cyclone Fanatic Sports Movie Tournament: Final Four ***

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
THE RESULTS ARE IN FROM THE FINAL FOUR, AND HERE ARE A FEW STORYLINES...

Up Yer Butt, Jobu...
These were the last words breathed painfully by Rocky Balboa just before he went fully unconscious from the last second KO suffered by #1 Rocky at the hands of #3 Major League, which is now just one game away from winning the whole f*cking thing.

Someone's a L7 Weenie... And it ain't the rag tag bunch of sandlot ballers from SoCal. In this case, it's the crew from Dyersville, as #1 Field of Dreams suffered a close but definitive loss to #3 The Sandlot, marking the third straight tight win over cinematic heavyweights.

A Diamond of a Championship... This ushers in a championship matchup unlike any other, oozing with America, apple pie, the national pastime, big scary dogs, hot librarians, PF Flyers, managers who sell white walls, treehouses and s'more stuff, Bob Uecker, hot lifeguards, the California Penal League, Big Chief chewing tobacco, and Jobu... as #3 Major League squares off against #3 The Sandlot.

Here are your finals scores for the Final Four...

GAME 1
1. Rocky (Heart emoji) 59
3. Major League (Rainbow emoji) 60

GAME 2

1. Field of Dreams (Heart emoji) 58
3. The Sandlot (Rainbow emoji) 61

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa
I voted for FOD, simply as revenge for the abomination of The Sandlot beating Hoosiers. Did a bunch of you let your grade-school kids do the voting on that one? Reminds me of some of the AP poll results we see, where the un-sportsed intern clearly voted for the boss...
There is no way Hoosiers isn't in top 4. Especially since we're a basketball school (organization) at this juncture. Built on defense an positioning. Easily one of the most re watchable movies ever.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
For as few as people that actually follow any type of baseball, it's ironic that 2 baseball movies make the finals and they are both comedies.
In the beginning I thought Hoosiers or Rocky would be the winner. I would have never guessed Major League or Sandlot in the finals good movies sure best sports movie NAH. Oh well it's all in fun and and I appreciate the work the committee puts into it along with defacto member @HoopsTournament for making the brackets.

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
THE RESULTS ARE IN FROM THE FINAL FOUR, AND HERE ARE A FEW STORYLINES...

Up Yer Butt, Jobu...
These were the last words breathed painfully by Rocky Balboa just before he went fully unconscious from the last second KO suffered by #1 Rocky at the hands of #3 Major League, which is now just one game away from winning the whole f*cking thing.

Someone's a L7 Weenie... And it ain't the rag tag bunch of sandlot ballers from SoCal. In this case, it's the crew from Dyersville, as #1 Field of Dreams suffered a close but definitive loss to #3 The Sandlot, marking the third straight tight win over cinematic heavyweights.

A Diamond of a Championship... This ushers in a championship matchup unlike any other, oozing with America, apple pie, the national pastime, big scary dogs, hot librarians, PF Flyers, managers who sell white walls, treehouses and s'more stuff, Bob Uecker, hot lifeguards, the California Penal League, Big Chief chewing tobacco, and Jobu... as #3 Major League squares off against #3 The Sandlot.

Here are your finals scores for the Final Four...

GAME 1
1. Rocky (Heart emoji) 59
3. Major League (Rainbow emoji) 60

GAME 2

1. Field of Dreams (Heart emoji) 58
3. The Sandlot (Rainbow emoji) 61
I think we all know why this happened.

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY