*** Cyclone Fanatic Sports Movie Tournament: Final Four ***

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011

Yes, but for the reason of all the unforced errors in "Field of Dreams".

Fer instance:

1. It's July, the corn's tasseling and Costner is wearing a flannel shirt with long underwear AND the kids are going to school.

2. He goes to the farm store to buy seed corn and it comes in a grocery bag that he lifts off the counter with one hand.

3. Kevin Costner, another one who can't act his way out of a paper bag (whether or not there's seed corn in it).

So, yeah. Sandlot.

For the kids.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I voted for The Sandlot, but consider this…it’s not aging well. In 10 years, not many kids will relate to it at all. Only “old farts” like you and me will even “get it”.
I don't think that's right. The Sandlot isn't just about baseball. It's nostalgia for childhood friendships and the overall feeling of being a kid.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
The Sandlot or A League of Their Own should win. Let me explain. They make them great and complete movie.

1. They make an era for in America. You think kids anymore have a mecca like the Sandlot anymore? In the summer kids get outside the morning out their bikes and have friends everyday having experiences. Now kids just let in their ipads and their parents want them 10 feet away .

2. It has a mixed of feelings. They have comedy, drama, learn values, etc. Lots of comedy but the kids are learning getting older with themselves.

3. It's re-watchable. I'm sure people have seen in 15-20 times, and could repeat a lot of lines. I've seen Field of Dreams maybe twice, once was it was nice, but the 2nd when was like meh. How many times have you watched either movies?

So now ask The Sandlot to votes. I know everyone will vote for Field of Dreams because it was a story and filmed in Iowa. Don't use the Iowa setting making it better movie than it is.

SANDLOT!
There is a reason for it. When we were kids we played a little league schedule of 12 games and then 1 or more all star games with a lose 1 game and you’re done. Now they play between 75 to 100 games

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
So now ask The Sandlot to votes. I know everyone will vote for Field of Dreams because it was a story and filmed in Iowa. Don't use the Iowa setting making it better movie than it is.
Field of Dreams isn't a good movie/story, regardless of location. This comes from someone that watched it for the first time about 2 years ago.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
This is gonna be a banger. People are grudge voting against Sandlot due to it beating their movies. #stopRussianelectioninterference
The Sandlot vs. Hoosiers result demands an Iowa DPS investigation. The Russians had nothing to do with it. This travesty against the essence of humanity was home-grown...probably by Iowans who knew that FOD would have no chance against Hoosiers.

Reactions: HoopsTournament

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You have to keep in mind, Roseanne was once the top rated TV show in the world.
It reminds me of the scene in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles on the bus when they're all singing and Steve Martin tries getting everyone to sing that classic 50s song but nobody knows it, then Del Griffith starts up with "Flinstones, MEET the Flinstones, they're that modern stone age family..." and everyone on the bus launches into it with him.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Like we did for cereal brands got to looking into results by sport. Football and baseball obviously had a number advantage but taking advantage of that is another story.

Only looking from elite 8 to now but final 8 was

5 baseball
1 each basketball, football, boxing

Final four

3 baseball
1 boxing

and possibility of an all baseball final.

Kind of interesting considering how baseball has fallen among the major sports these days.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Like we did for cereal brands got to looking into results by sport. Football and baseball obviously had a number advantage but taking advantage of that is another story.

5 baseball

Final four

3 baseball
1 boxing

Kind of interesting considering how baseball has fallen among the major sports these days.
And we were worried about including too many baseball movies in the final 64, lol.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

5 baseball

Final four

3 baseball
1 boxing

Well Slapshot should have made the Elite 8. But such is life.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
The Sandlot or A League of Their Own should win. Let me explain. They make them great and complete movie.

1. They make an era for in America. You think kids anymore have a mecca like the Sandlot anymore? In the summer kids get outside the morning out their bikes and have friends everyday having experiences. Now kids just let in their ipads and their parents want them 10 feet away .

2. It has a mixed of feelings. They have comedy, drama, learn values, etc. Lots of comedy but the kids are learning getting older with themselves.

3. It's re-watchable. I'm sure people have seen in 15-20 times, and could repeat a lot of lines. I've seen Field of Dreams maybe twice, once was it was nice, but the 2nd when was like meh. How many times have you watched either movies?

SANDLOT!
What?

• Agree
Reactions: RealisticCy

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Why? Kids would think about how it's another way to spend the summer. Oh wait, they can't focus a whole movie. Let's watch Minecraft on Youtube.
I never understood that. What's fun about watching someone else play a video game??

I'm taking the kids swimming in a minute and then we are gonna watch The Sandlot. I'm interested to see their reaction to it, but I haven't seen it in several years so I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: NWICY

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA
The Sandlot vs. Hoosiers result demands an Iowa DPS investigation. The Russians had nothing to do with it. This travesty against the essence of humanity was home-grown...probably by Iowans who knew that FOD would have no chance against Hoosiers.
Exhibit A: Wendy Peffercorn vs Myra Fleener

The defense rests.

• Haha
Reactions: Ankency