*** Cyclone Fanatic Sports Movie Tournament: Final Four ***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Voting is open for the Final Four of the Cyclone Fanatic Sports Movie Tournament

How to vote (this will apply to all rounds):
  • To select the favorite (the sports movie seeded highest), choose the Heart emoji rating.
  • To select the underdog, choose the Rainbow emoji rating.
No other emojis will be counted.

Deadline to vote: Now through Saturday at 10 PM

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
The Sandlot or A League of Their Own should win. Let me explain. They make them great and complete movie.

1. They make an era for in America. You think kids anymore have a mecca like the Sandlot anymore? In the summer kids get outside the morning out their bikes and have friends everyday having experiences. Now kids just let in their ipads and their parents want them 10 feet away .

2. It has a mixed of feelings. They have comedy, drama, learn values, etc. Lots of comedy but the kids are learning getting older with themselves.

3. It's re-watchable. I'm sure people have seen in 15-20 times, and could repeat a lot of lines. I've seen Field of Dreams maybe twice, once was it was nice, but the 2nd when was like meh. How many times have you watched either movies?

So now ask The Sandlot to votes. I know everyone will vote for Field of Dreams because it was a story and filmed in Iowa. Don't use the Iowa setting making it better movie than it is.

SANDLOT!

Last edited:

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
The Sandlot or A League of Their Own should win. Let me explain. They make them great and complete movie.

1. They make an era for in America. You think kids anymore have a mecca like the Sandlot anymore? In the summer kids get outside the morning out their bikes and have friends everyday having experiences. Now kids just let in their ipads and their parents want them 10 feet away .

2. It has a mixed of feelings. They have comedy, drama, learn values, etc. Lots of comedy but the kids are learning getting older with themselves.

3. It's re-watchable. I'm sure people have seen in 15-20 times, and could repeat a lot of lines. I've seen Field of Dreams maybe twice, once was it was nice, but the 2nd when was like meh. How many times have you watched either movies?

So now ask The Sandlot to votes. I know everyone will vote for Field of Dreams because it was a story and filmed in Iowa. Don't use the Iowa setting making it better movie than it is.

SANDLOT!
I voted for The Sandlot, but consider this…it’s not aging well. In 10 years, not many kids will relate to it at all. Only “old farts” like you and me will even “get it”.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I voted for The Sandlot, but consider this…it’s not aging well. In 10 years, not many kids will relate to it at all. Only “old farts” like you and me will even “get it”.
My 5 years old just watched the Sandlot for the first time about 3-4 weeks ago, and he’s partially obsessed with it. Kids still relate to it. It’s a classic that will always be relatable to kids. My 5 year old also doesn’t do electronics often and wants to be outside all the time.

Last edited:

wenkeej

Dec 28, 2015
Cambridge
My 5 years old just watched the Sandlot for the first time about 3-4 weeks ago, and he’s partially obsessed with it. Kids still relate to it. It’s a classic that will always be relatable to kids. My 5 year old also doesn’t do electronics often and wants to be outside all the time.
I think most kids at a certain age will be able to relate to it. Kids are always kids.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Sandlot and Field of Dreams are 2 very different movies. FOD is more of a drama and Sandlot is more adventurous/comedy. Too bad we couldn't have had 2 different brackets. Maybe do 2 brackets of 32 or 16 instead of 1 huge field of 64.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Looks like you just got done chewing tobacco at a carnival.

Exactly! Another plus vote for Sandlot, yoy can use a bunch reference with in CF!

tumblr_mmih24SiZO1rg0lgoo1_500.gif

Last edited:

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

Why? Kids would think about how it's another way to spend the summer. Oh wait, they can't focus a whole movie. Let's watch Minecraft on Youtube.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

Help Support Us

Become a patron