*** Cyclone Fanatic Sports Movie Tournament: Championship ***

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
It's hard when it's every thread. I could use ignore feature but some of negative stuff comes from posters I really like which doubly hurts my heart.
I don't see a lot of negative comments against you or the brackets beyond a bit of discourse over seeding, which is part of the fun IMO.

As for people being downers about the championship matchup, I think that means people care and have been invested in the whole thing. That's just evidence than people got invested and care about these. And banter can be fun.

All that said, it's complete hogwash that Caddyshack didn't obliterate The Sandlot and Russian interference is the only plausible explanation for this travesty.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I don't see a lot of negative comments against you or the brackets beyond a bit of discourse over seeding, which is part of the fun IMO.

As for people being downers about the championship matchup, I think that means people care and have been invested in the whole thing. That's just evidence than people got invested and care about these. And banter can be fun.

All that said, it's complete hogwash that Caddyshack didn't obliterate The Sandlot and Russian interference is the only plausible explanation for this travesty.
Go back and mix more soviet vodka in your coffee this morning, you freakin' commie!!

• Haha
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

I think it has been civil, for the most part. Most of negativity has been directed at how people voted, more so than the selection/seeding. And as you said that's part of the process.

As a committee member in several of these tournaments, I've seen worse.

On a personal note, as a participant-voter, "Hoosiers" not even reaching Final Four blows my mind. But the people have spoken! :)

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net

I would have loved Hoosiers to win, but we have to understand that everyone has different views.

We could do a politician Bracket and really see how negative people get, or just stick to fun stuff. I vote for Pizza next. Nothing beats Casey’s Pizza after sitting in the warmer for a half hour.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I would have loved Hoosiers to win, but we have to understand that everyone has different views.

We could do a politician Bracket and really see how negative people get, or just stick to fun stuff. I vote for Pizza next. Nothing beats Casey’s Pizza after sitting in the warmer for a half hour.

based off the last poll of topics 3 stood way out in votes sports movies, stand up and cartoons. So the next 2 are locked in for those 2 with stand up being next which will also probably be polarizing but everything is these days so no matter the topic there will be griping.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
It's hard when it's every thread. I could use ignore feature but some of negative stuff comes from posters I really like which doubly hurts my heart.
Because of all you do on here, you sir are blessed and cursed with too many people that consider you a friend. People are always flipping **** at those they consider friends.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Maybe an extended break from these is needed. Seems like negativity grows with each one.

I would give you a "disagree" reply, but what I really want to say is to remember that most of the negative comments are people just being funny. These threads beg for overstatement and over-reaction.

If you need a break, take it. However, I didn't think this one had an inordinate amount of negativity, particularly the ones that were truly harsh.

Try, hard as it is, to focus just on the positive comments and chuckle at the negative ones.

Reactions: HoopsTournament

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
based off the last poll of topics 3 stood way out in votes sports movies, stand up and cartoons. So the next 2 are locked in for those 2 with stand up being next which will also probably be polarizing but everything is these days so no matter the topic there will be griping.
Stand up will be cool, but I do have my favorites that are probably not the same as others. I definitely prefer clean comics myself.