*** Cyclone Fanatic Sitcom Tournament: Elite Eight ***

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Home Improvement making it past the first round is shocking for me. Never understood the appeal of that show. At all.

Sanford and Son not making it out of the first round is a travesty.
There were a few funny moments on Home Improvement, but when I found myself predicting the punchlines well in advance, I moved on pretty quickly. Similarly, Tim Allen's stand-up started out decent, but it got stale for me in a hurry.

And I completely agree on Sanford and Son's untimely exit.

Reactions: enisthemenace

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
It was the show our family watched. ALL. THE. TIME.

Father’s Day, Christmas, birthdays, dad would get a season on dvd as a gift. We would then spend the rest of the day watching that season. Had all the seasons, then I bought him a new set so I could have his.

I don’t know how many nights we spent watching episodes. We didn’t have cable, so every time some presidential thing was on, weather, or just stupid shows, we would watch it. So much so, my 21 year old brother can just about tell you the plot of the episode, if not the title, within a minute of the show starting.

No way will I vote any other show as the best ever.
I bet several shows hold a distinction like this for people.

The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson was a treat for me because that means my parents let me stay up late enough to watch it. And several of the guests had edgier jokes than what I'd been used to hearing. Similarly, when my older siblings let me stay up to watch early SNL, it was awesome.

Reactions: cyclones500

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ugh Office/Parks and Rec are my 1a and 1b on this whole list.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm having a bit of a crisis with The Office and Parks and Rec.

Same here. I felt like start to finish, Parks and Rec was more consistent and they didn't overstay their welcome. However, when the Office was at its best it wasn't matched.

• Agree
Reactions: madguy30

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
If you’re having a hard time voting between The Office and Parks and Rec, just remember how awful that episode of “Scott’s Tots” was and vote for Parks and Rec. I really couldn’t handle how cringey Michael Scott was a lot of the time.

Reactions: Angie

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I think Gilligan Island is getting play is because it was on when a lot of kids came home from school. I know we got to watch it and part of Hogan Heroes then had to do chores.

I think the 1st episode of Hogan Heroes might have been on the other night. They had a factory down in the tunnel and a lot of extra characters not seen in most of them. It was also in black and white. It was a little edgier than later episodes. It was a good watch though.

Good point about after-school viewing. I remember that. I was young enough that I actually thought the show was still "on the air," even though its run had ended something like 6 years prior. "Leave it to Beaver" was on after school around that time, too, and I even thought that was still running and it had been about a decade since it went off the air. (My sisters laughed when they found out I thought it was a "current show")

Reactions: NWICY

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If you’re having a hard time voting between The Office and Parks and Rec, just remember how awful that episode of “Scott’s Tots” was and vote for Parks and Rec. I really couldn’t handle how cringey Michael Scott was a lot of the time.
'Scott's Tots' was one of the best of the entire series IMO. Hilarious how different peoples' takes can be.

#EmbracetheCringe

Reactions: Tailg8er

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
As Rulzzz responded, animated TV could be next. We also discussed future possibilities for movies and music, so comedy films could be coming at some point.

Comedy movies would need to be made by the kind of comedy. Narrowing a field to 68 comedy movies would be daunting task.

• Agree
Reactions: FOREVERTRUE