Cyclone Fanatic is doing a great job on the coaching situation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Folks;
If Jamie does fire Prohm after this season, what do you think is the most likely scenario for timing:
  1. Termination immediately after final season / Big 12 tourney game?
  2. Wait till Jamie attends interviews at the Final 4 Dance?
  3. A couple weeks after Dance, but not extending into May?
Seems like a lot of interviews and handshaking happens when everybody convenes at Final 4, but covid-restrictions may alter travel plans.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Folks;
If Jamie does fire Prohm after this season, what do you think is the most likely scenario for timing:
Seems like a lot of interviews and handshaking happens when everybody convenes at Final 4, but covid-restrictions may alter travel plans.

the announcement will be after our season ends assuming it doesn’t happen before.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Folks;
We will play either Texas Tech or Oklahoma State on Wednesday night. I presume by Saturday afternoon there will be an announcement.

Reactions: Go2Guy

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Folks;

asap as possible

you need to start hiring process asap as possible too

Reactions: Go2Guy

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
Honestly, I don't see how this could ever happen. For a few reasons. But the money is No. 1. You're talking about an athletic department that is already 25 million in the hole from covid. If you fire Steve, you pay that buyout. Then 10 or 11 million on top just to get Fred, not to mention the money he'd command? I just can't see it happening. I'll never say "never" though.

As ridiculous and as unlikely as the rumors might be...everytime I hear about Hoiberg coming back I get excited

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Honestly, I don't see how this could ever happen. For a few reasons. But the money is No. 1. You're talking about an athletic department that is already 25 million in the hole from covid. If you fire Steve, you pay that buyout. Then 10 or 11 million on top just to get Fred, not to mention the money he'd command? I just can't see it happening. I'll never say "never" though.

I'm placing my hope in the fact there has to be a big time donor out there that loved hoiball so much he's willing to foot the bill to bring him back.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Defense and rebounding would no longer be an issue. We might start holding teams to 7 points or less in the second half.;)

With all our opponents players more than likely being injured I can see them only scoring 7 points. However with all ours having fouled out how the heck does one determine a winner?