Cyclone Fanatic is doing a great job on the coaching situation

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
What an amazing thread. This thing has everything: calling for Prohm's head, calling out CF for not covering it, despising the premium model that helps fund the ridiculous amount of FREE content being produced by this site, MTV's Dan Cortese.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
From a good source. Annct could come as early as tomorrow. Not official, but what I heard.
Interesting. I have a couple of sources who told me about a month ago that they'd be incredibly shocked if Steve was back again. I wonder if they're late to the party as far as this news go, or if they don't want to share it with me..

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Guessing the OP would have liked the "Richard Pitino needs to go, regardless of how Gophers finish spiraling season" column in the Star Trib today. Going on on a limb and speculating that Patrick Reusse is not on the Pitino family Christmas card list anymore. :rolleyes:

You're not going to see anything like that in small paper Iowa. Most of the columnists are now just glorified beat reporters doing double duty and while they might drop a passive aggressive item once in a while that's going to be the extent of it. They can't risk losing their minimum wage jobs or alienating the athletic departments.

And CF isn't a newpaper with opinion pieces. It's half fan forum and the other half is basically ISU sports marketing. Nothing wrong with that.

I've always liked reading Reusse's columns. Souhan too. They don't suck up to anybody or anything. It's pretty refreshing, actually.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
What an amazing thread. This thing has everything: calling for Prohm's head, calling out CF for not covering it, despising the premium model that helps fund the ridiculous amount of FREE content being produced by this site, MTV's Dan Cortese.

STEP OFF, GEORGE!

• Haha
Reactions: IASTATE07

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron