Cyclone Fanatic is doing a great job on the coaching situation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Moving on from Prohm was brought up in a podcast several weeks ago. It was said they don't see how he could be retained. However, right after that podcast apparently either fans or someone in the athletic department got all bent out of shape about it. Since then it's been a little quiet, but understandably so. There isn't anything further to report on at this time.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Well... you're still here. So I guess you still find value in it. Chris explained in length, in one of the many free podcasts provided by this site, why he was going to the premium model back when the pandemic hit. The advertising revenue went to ****. Didn't sound like an easy decision. I'm not a premium subscriber, but we still get tons of great and free content that you can't get anywhere else. But go ahead and ***** about a site that gives you a lengthy interview with CMC for free when he barely speaks to any other media outlets. This place is still far and away the best place for ISU content IMO.

meh, not very often and definitely not as often as I was back in the day.

Chris is the owner and it's his choice. I'm the consumer and its my choice to pay or not pay for content.

• Haha
Reactions: VeloClone

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
meh, not very often and definitely not as often as I was back in the day.

Chris is the owner and it's his choice. I'm the consumer and its my choice to pay or not pay for content.
I think Jason Loutz (spelling?) actually owns the site.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Tbh the big 12 tourney is still wide open. Who’s to say we won’t win it?
OptimisticExaltedEft-small.gif

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
in my opinion only, Prohm will be back next year, even if we lose the next 4 guaranteed games. But next year his seat will be very hot. Please help me with some of the details but as I have been watching we have been competitive in the last few games (@Baylor, TCU, and even Oklahoma) but we just can't finish out the games. Is it coaching, maybe, it is players, maybe, is it the competition, again maybe, or a combination of all three. With players all I know is leaving is Young. Let me know who is coming in. How impactful they may be. With the core that we have and the hopefully new players coming in I would expect improvement. How much improvement would be acceptable to keep Prohm after next year, IMO I would think we would need to make some postseason tournament (NCAA, NIT)

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
in my opinion only, Prohm will be back next year, even if we lose the next 4 guaranteed games. But next year his seat will be very hot. Please help me with some of the details but as I have been watching we have been competitive in the last few games (@Baylor, TCU, and even Oklahoma) but we just can't finish out the games. Is it coaching, maybe, it is players, maybe, is it the competition, again maybe, or a combination of all three. With players all I know is leaving is Young. Let me know who is coming in. How impactful they may be. With the core that we have and the hopefully new players coming in I would expect improvement. How much improvement would be acceptable to keep Prohm after next year, IMO I would think we would need to make some postseason tournament (NCAA, NIT)
Here it is folks. All we have to do is be competitive with teams in our conference.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Moving on from Prohm was brought up in a podcast several weeks ago. It was said they don't see how he could be retained. However, right after that podcast apparently either fans or someone in the athletic department got all bent out of shape about it. Since then it's been a little quiet, but understandably so. There isn't anything further to report on at this time.
Yeah these guys have relationships to maintain. If hot takes and controversy is what you want, go subscribe to the Rag and read Randy's garbage

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
It's amazing what trending 'opinions' can do to destroy things further than they already are. The very notion of 'hot' is going to scare recruits off. Add in the salt thrown on him this year, I see a very difficult job of him reeling in quality recruits. And, as much of a Prohm supporter as I've been he needs to make an all-star hire in the off-season to recruit and coach our big men.

Reactions: nickcyv

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
Big story

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: Cyched

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

Well Solomon and JCL are seniors and won’t be back as both want to start professional careers overseas.
There will likely be an additional 3-4 transfers of CSP is retained. This is about player development for some and just not wanting to play for a 2-18 program for others.
We potentially have a highly rated pg coming in next year, a combo guard who is underrated but still a couple years away from being a Big 12 player and Foster will be back after injury. None of those players are going to change our shooting woes as we will lose our best 3 pointer shooter in JCL.
In short we have a coach that is not equipped to go head to head with other Big 12 coaches. We lose nearly 70-75% of all games decided by 5 points or less in his tenure. We have been gutted by roster turnover. Giving him another year doesn’t change the direction of this program it only delays the inevitable restart which has to occur if we want to become an NCAA tournament team in the next 3 years.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
F that...this site was started in response to fans getting sick of the other site and just wanting to discuss ISU with out having to constantly hear "well on the premium board....". How the mighty have fallen.

You still get everything on the free site that you got previously and much, much more. The premium content includes stuff Chris can't post on the public site. It is a bonus, not a shift of content to behind a paywall.