Cyclone Fanatic Fantasy Basketball

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
Just wondering if there is enough interest on here to start a league. Post here if you would be willing to join and do an online draft. If theres enough interest I'll start one up.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I assume your talking about an group of CF's playing NBA fantasy basketball? I'd be interested. Doing my first league today and my team isn't pretty.

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
Looks like theres enough interest. I'll get the league set up sometime this weekend (most likely sunday) and I'll post the league name and password. When would work best for a draft for everyone?

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
League is made, It is set for 10 teams with a snake draft Tuesday October 19 at 7:15 central time. It is through espn.com.

League Name: Cyclone Fanatic
Password: fredhoiberg

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Have a couple of questions, one what does a snake draft mean and how does Rotisserie scoring work? I'm used to playing head to head on Yahoo.

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
Snake just means that the order is picked 1-10. The first round goes 1-10 then second round goes 10-1 and repeats that pattern.

Rotisserie (ROTO)
In rotisserie scoring, the real-life statistics accumulated by the players on a team are aggregated and ranked against the same statistics for the other teams in the league. Fantasy points are earned based on these rankings. For example, in a twelve-team league, the team with the highest number of rebounds over the course of the season to date would be awarded twelve fantasy points. The team with the next highest number of rebounds would be awarded eleven fantasy points, and so on, with the team with the fewest number of rebounds being awarded a single fantasy point. For negative categories like fouls or turnovers, the team with the fewest statistics are awarded the most fantasy points. This is done for all categories counted by the particular league. The team with the highest number of fantasy points at the end of the season is the winner.
Rotisserie scoring encourages balance on the team's roster. Winning the rebounds category by one rebound or by one thousand rebounds counts the same, while winning the steals category by one steal and the assists category by one assist is worth twice as many points as winning the single rebounding category by one thousand rebounds. Successful teams must fare well in several categories to win in rotisserie leagues.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
Still need 3 teams. How can you turn down the chance for some friendly camaraderie amongst CycloneFanatic members?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron