image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 320

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Has anyone here ever been to a non ISU related Hawkeye event and worn ISU gear? Or better yet even though they aren't playing still cheered for ISU? Seems like there are always Hawk fans doing this...there were some that even made the trip to Sioux Falls this year

I plan on wearing Cyclone gear at WFA this spring for the first rounds of the NCAA regardless of whether or not the "Jayhawkeyes" are playing there. I feel justified since ISU is hosting the games.

It might also have something to do with the fact that I don't HAVE any team gear for any other team, be it pro, NCAA, or the HS my kids graduated from. :)

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
They did eliminate heaters for the line when someone took a KU hat and burned it. Can't remember which year.
That was the no call followed by BS call game. I remember someone putting it out on facebook that ISU fans were setting fire to the clothes of KU fans. Talk about embellishment!

all2matt

Mar 6, 2011
at the rose bowl I seen a retired gentlemen and his wife in line waiting to get into the game decked out from head to tail in cyclone gear, So is he a "douchenozzle" or not? I thought it was good he could still support his favorite school and still be able to see a Rose Bowl person. I was only around him for a few minutes but he seemed to be enjoying himself and not getting threatened all "bringbackmagic" style by hawkeye fans

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
at the rose bowl I seen a retired gentlemen and his wife in line waiting to get into the game decked out from head to tail in cyclone gear, So is he a "douchenozzle" or not? I thought it was good he could still support his favorite school and still be able to see a Rose Bowl person. I was only around him for a few minutes but he seemed to be enjoying himself and not getting threatened all "bringbackmagic" style by hawkeye fans

yes he was....still a douchenozzle.

My worst offense is wearing an ISU hat with a creighton sweatshirt to the first creighton home game of Greg M. career. my season tickets were directly behind the bench first row and he turned around and stared at me. I didnt wear it again the rest of the season.

MakeItNazty

Feb 2, 2015
Oklahoma fan at Carver Hawkeye Arena for first time: "Mildred, give me my ear plugs! It is deafening in here!!! So loud!!! My dentures are shaking!!!".
Seriously, #1 team in nation and they look like a Rick Santorum Rally in Iowa City. What an embarassing morgue.
Cyclone Alley....you are doing just fine. Except for Baylor game.
Students weren't permitted in that game.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
If I saw that you best believe I would rip that shirt right off him and I remember countless times in the student section at football games kids who wore the other teams hat would get their stuff thrown off the top part of the student section

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
At a minimum, this guy should have been harassed, but I'm not hearing any stories of Cyclone Alley students getting on him at all. Surely, they did something.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

A) Kind of douchey, yes.

B) Rose Bowl /= student section @ Kinnick for Iowa vs some other rival...

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames

Did he sit in the designated student section, reserved only for Iowa fans? Not a doosh.

You can wear whatever you want to a game. If there is a designated student section, it is designed to hold the supporters of the team. You can nitpick on the student part, but you know what it's designed for. Home field advantage, ambiance, whatever you call it. I think that Cyclones sit in Cyclone Alley.

I don't see Maize and Blue in the Izzone, or Carolina blue in the Cameron Crazies.

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
Well, Hawk fans populate this site like it was their own, so seeing them at our home games is no surprise.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
at the rose bowl I seen a retired gentlemen and his wife in line waiting to get into the game decked out from head to tail in cyclone gear, So is he a "douchenozzle" or not?

No, just weird.

Hey, wear what you dig but ISU wasn't in the Rose Bowl so why gear up?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron