Cy

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Have you seen Cy's legs? Most cardinals don't have quads like that, I think he should be tested for HGH.

Reactions: LeaningCy

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I don't like the chest logo either, but I am so used to seeing Cy in clothes that when s/he doesn't I always say to ripvdub - Cy is NAKED! I don't like Cy naked. I like her/him dressed in something.

Cy is NOT your Barbie doll!!!

Cy was fine before he started putting on all the outfits, but now I can't stand the I-State logo on his chest. It's better to cover that up....

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
allrighty... time to set some things straight for everyone. and your hearing from the birds mouth himself.

I am on the mascot squad and i can say that there were "talks" of changing cy to new color but the squad and the ADept both basically thought it would be wierd since cy is a cardinal to have him be a color that isnt a cardinal. so cy will be staying the way he is for a time to come.

The chest logos we are working on getting something that looks better... we all hate being "naked" cy just because cy just kinda looks like a dork without a jersey on.

also getting 4 new colored suits is extremely expensive.... like its somewhere around 6,000 bones for a new suit and head i want to say.

One thing we can all admit is that cy is awesome and that is fact! go cyclones!

It is my opinion that Cy is not cardinal colored but some sort of blaze red. He needs toned down and for God's sake END THE BLUE. And if it takes $24,000 why can't we start a campaign.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
allrighty... time to set some things straight for everyone. and your hearing from the birds mouth himself.

I am on the mascot squad and i can say that there were "talks" of changing cy to new color but the squad and the ADept both basically thought it would be wierd since cy is a cardinal to have him be a color that isnt a cardinal. so cy will be staying the way he is for a time to come.

The chest logos we are working on getting something that looks better... we all hate being "naked" cy just because cy just kinda looks like a dork without a jersey on.

also getting 4 new colored suits is extremely expensive.... like its somewhere around 6,000 bones for a new suit and head i want to say.

One thing we can all admit is that cy is awesome and that is fact! go cyclones!

You are SOOO lucky to be Cy. I'm not sure how you get on the squad but that is one thing I wish I would have looked into when I was in school. Being Cy is a tremendous honor imo.

Keep up the good work!!!

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Can we all get together and raise money to buy a new Cy that is more of our new color scheme. I never noticed how painfully bright red he is until we changed. It is bad. How much is a new Cy...same design just different color? $15,000?

The Cy costume costs approximately $5,000, and is made in Canada.

isutoad

Nov 12, 2008
IOWA
I can live with the color of Cy, but what gets me is the Dance Team in black and white. Looks like they could find some dancers that want to wear ISU Colors.

saf

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2006
Ames, IA
2 things:

1) Cy rocks. We should all thank our lucky stars we don't have something like Lil' Red running around...

2) I also prefer dressed up Cy. I think that my mental image of Cy is Cy wearing a Blythe jersey.

d30fan

Jul 6, 2007
I have always preferred the old cy, when he was about 8 feet tall (circa 1960) and you looked out through an opening under his beak. Tuff on the "cy squad" people, but he was an awsome bird.

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
I don't like the chest logo either, but I am so used to seeing Cy in clothes that when s/he doesn't I always say to ripvdub - Cy is NAKED! I don't like Cy naked. I like her/him dressed in something.

Cy is a him!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think if we are going to change the color of anything it should be the court. The red seems alot different than the red in the new jerseys.