Cy Hawk Rivalry

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
And I drink mimosas for morning games so I'll take no mimosa trash talk.

tenor.gif

• Funny
  • Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07 and jmb

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I've been to multiple OU games. It's my favorite place to see a game outside of Ames.
My dad is a wisconsin alum. I love Madison. It is even better on game day. It is my favorite place to watch a game.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The original question asked what his record against McCarney was and that is 4-5. Follow along next time.
That was a question asked in a string of conversation about KF versus ISU so the question in that context implies those ISU coaches in their participation in the CyHawk series. That was the implication and you know it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Just a lucky guy. I actually kind of like Paul. Would be a cool dude to have as a neighbor.
Those Iowa teams in 2012 and 2014 were not very good those years, which led to Iowa State being able to come away with the win at the end of both games. Iowa definitely should not have lost to the 2-10 Cyclones in Kinnick in '14 though.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Your thinking of Eustachy.

Paul had (maybe still has) a getaway home up at Clear Lake. Believe I saw a Gazette article a year or two ago where they were interviewing and was there at the time. Again I think would be a great dude to hang with.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I went to a game there too, we parked on the golf course. Pretty regular group. And I drink mimosas for morning games so I'll take no mimosa trash talk.

I was honestly surprised because the stadium is built down in to the ground, so you really can't even tell it's the stadium until you're inside it.
Yeah, wasn’t expecting that. From the outside just not imposing...inside, pretty damned big.

Mimosa? Really?

;)

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I went to a game there too, we parked on the golf course. Pretty regular group. And I drink mimosas for morning games so I'll take no mimosa trash talk.

I was honestly surprised because the stadium is built down in to the ground, so you really can't even tell it's the stadium until you're inside it.

Did you bring the champagne and OJ in your murse?

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
FWIW, the BIG beat the crap out of your conference, leaving out Austin. Manhattan, Lawrence, Fort Worth, Stillwater, Norman, Waco, and Lubbock? That’s a horrible set of road trips lol. I mean eastern Pennsylvania is a garden of eden compared to those cow towns. Austin is a great city and Morgantown isn’t bad, but the rest oh my.

You’re douchebag is showing again.

• Winner
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Paul had (maybe still has) a getaway home up at Clear Lake. Believe I saw a Gazette article a year or two ago where they were interviewing and was there at the time. Again I think would be a great dude to hang with.
I 100% know he still does.

Reactions: yowza

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I have changed my tune as stated on 7/30 (and deleted). I was looking forward to this past weekend after 24 years away and my first Cy-Hawk game in 18 years. However, this Mickey Mouse stuff from that TOE is beyond ridiculous. I say give 'em what they want and dump their sorry asses. Personally, I don't care if they ever play again. Iowa State should just concentrate on being the best Iowa State we can be and let them be whatever they want to be. I actually think ISU would be better off not playing them than they would be not playing us. Let's take Iowa State around the country @ Arkansas, @ Maryland, @ Oregon State, @ GA Tech, etc. and have some fun!

Last edited:

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I have changed my tune as stated on 7/30 (and deleted). I was looking forward to this past weekend after 24 years away and my first Cy-Hawk game in 18 years. However, this Mickey Mouse stuff from that TOE is beyond ridiculous. I say give 'em what they want and dump their sorry asses. Personally, I don't care if they ever play again. Iowa State should just concentrate on being the best Iowa State we can be and let them be whatever they want to be. I actually think ISU would be better off not playing them than they would be not playing us. Let's take Iowa State around the country @ Arkansas, @ Maryland, @ Oregon State, @ GA Tech, etc. and have some fun!

I had a similar sentiment in another thread. Except I don’t know why go to such random teams when there are a ton of other schools in a drivable area for us to play Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, Minnesota, Illinois...

Reactions: AlaCyclone