Hahaha. Well done.
tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
FWIW, the BIG beat the crap out of your conference, leaving out Austin. Manhattan, Lawrence, Fort Worth, Stillwater, Norman, Waco, and Lubbock? That’s a horrible set of road trips lol. I mean eastern Pennsylvania is a garden of eden compared to those cow towns. Austin is a great city and Morgantown isn’t bad, but the rest oh my.
Norman, Manhattan, Austin, Ames, Lawrence, and Morgantown are actually pretty cool college towns. I had family in Lawrence and we've been to a few of the Iowa State vs. Kansas basketball games in Allen Field House and that place is probably one of the coolest arenas / stadiums I've ever been in. We also went to the ISU-KU football game and the tailgating around the stadium was a lot of fun. The game was also fun because KU was terrible.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Been to the Big House. The majority of tailgaters were drinking Mimosa. The “big house” was pretty impressive.

Experience probably wasn’t helped by the fact that the Hawks decided to get their butts kicked.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Norman, Manhattan, Austin, Ames, Lawrence, and Morgantown are actually pretty cool college towns. I had family in Lawrence and we've been to a few of the Iowa State vs. Kansas basketball games in Allen Field House and that place is probably one of the coolest arenas / stadiums I've ever been in. We also went to the ISU-KU football game and the tailgating around the stadium was a lot of fun. The game was also fun because KU was terrible.

I’ll give Austin and Morgantown. I’ve been to both and they are really cool cities. As far as Lawrence goes, I thought we were talking football.

• Agree
Reactions: jmb

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’ll give Austin and Morgantown. I’ve been to both and they are really cool cities. As far as Lawrence goes, I thought we were talking football.
You don't necessarily have to have a cool city to have an awesome football town. Ames is a small town feel and doesn't seem to have that much to it but on gameday it's like the whole place shuts down for the game.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
You don't necessarily have to have a cool city to have an awesome football town. Ames is a small town feel and doesn't seem to have that much to it but on gameday it's like the whole place shuts down for the game.

I’ve been to Ames bunches of times. It is a cool little city. Bars and restaurants are decent. Mainly the students and town are all in for the University, and t shows on game day. An example of a bad game day experience is Minneapolis, where the town for the most part doesn’t even know there’s a game being played.

I wasn’t impressed with Manhattan although it wasn’t a game day. Lawrence was just awful for me. Again not a game day.

• Agree
Reactions: Lexclone

alenz95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames

Fort Worth is also a pretty cool city - and given the recent growth of DFW is a pretty fun place to visit. I don't know why it always gets lumped in with the likes of Waco and Lubbok. Other than Austin, its one of the only Big 12 cities I would describe as being in a larger city.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’ve been to Ames bunches of times. It is a cool little city. Bars and restaurants are decent. Mainly the students and town are all in for the University, and t shows on game day. An example of a bad game day experience is Minneapolis, where the town for the most part doesn’t even know there’s a game being played.

I wasn’t impressed with Manhattan although it wasn’t a game day. Lawrence was just awful for me. Again not a game day.
Yeah I guess if you're not there on a game day or even the day before it won't feel the same. Being in Ames, Iowa City, or Madison the day and night before a game there's this energy in the town and it's awesome. You can feel the excitement and it carries over to the next day. And yes I know what you're talking about with Minneapolis. I'm sure it happens in a lot of the metropolitan areas.

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
Exactly, why do you think Disney started using “Buena Vista” as their mailing address in Florida.

Because Buena Vista is a brand name that was historically used for divisions and subsidiaries of The Walt Disney Company, whose primary studios, the Walt Disney Studios, are located on Buena Vista Street in Burbank, California?

• Informative
Reactions: Hawkmi

alenz95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
FWIW, the BIG beat the crap out of your conference, leaving out Austin. Manhattan, Lawrence, Fort Worth, Stillwater, Norman, Waco, and Lubbock? That’s a horrible set of road trips lol. I mean eastern Pennsylvania is a garden of eden compared to those cow towns. Austin is a great city and Morgantown isn’t bad, but the rest oh my.

I get you are a troll, but Fort Worth has literally 10X the population of Iowa City. Overall the DFW area is one of the fastest growing metros in the United States, which is more than most of the Big 10's larger cities can say.

The same goes for Lawrence. Its about half an hour from Kansas City - again another metro area that is actually growing.

Other than acting on naked assumptions, I am curious to see what you actually know about any of the cities in the Big 12.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I am sure all 1250 of CFPA's Twitter followers are ecstatic to hear this news.
I don't think there would be many people wasting their time following a twitter account of a football award. Sick burn though.