Cy-Hawk Game This Year: Revenge or Just Shutting Up Their Idiot Fans?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
ISU is a heavy favorite right now. How is that a troll post lol
There’s been plenty of bullsh*t that’s come out of your mouth on this site. Questioning your posts is completely reasonable.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
For me ..the worst part of this series is their idiot loud mouth fans and their Hawkster adoring media. I think I can now see why we didn't play Iowa for decades. I vote let's beat Iowa this Fall so as to hear the sweet sound of silence from Hawkster fanbase and their media shills.

Frankly for the first time, I wouldn’t give a shot if Iowa state ended the series. Before I was ambivalent and wanted Iowa to end it so we’d have the high ground.

But after band gate, I’m through with them. I didn’t miss the game last year.

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
The thing I'm excited for, IF we have the chance to make it ugly - I think Campbell is going to jump all over it. The one thing people hang on him when his name gets brought up for OSU or other blue bloods is his record against Iowa. I think that compounded with the beating we took his first year / and his appeared dislike for B.F. - I could see a KSU type beating if the opportunity ever presented its self. Not saying the talent gap is there for this to happen, and given iowa's style of play a blowout is always unlikely - but if it could happen; i could see it being this year.

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The thing I'm excited for, IF we have the chance to make it ugly - I think Campbell is going to jump all over it. The one thing people hang on him when his name gets brought up for OSU or other blue bloods is record against Iowa. I think that compounded with the beating we took his first year / and his appeared dislike for B.F. - I could see a KSU type beating if the opportunity ever presented its self. Not saying the talent gap is there for this to happen, and given iowa's style of play a blowout is always unlikely - but if it could happen; i could see it being this year.

I think you are projecting your feelings on Campbell. I don’t think he cares. It matters because every game matters.

But when has Campbell EVER poured it in a team? Even in our big wins we win by a lot almost because we can’t help it. Add to the fact that in 5 years, campbells teams always start slow and we should all be happy with a win.

Reactions: Cydkar

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
I think you are projecting your feelings on Campbell. I don’t think he cares. It matters because every game matters.

But when has Campbell EVER poured it in a team? Even in our big wins we win by a lot almost because we can’t help it. Add to the fact that in 5 years, campbells teams always start slow and we should all be happy with a win.

Maybe i am.. But I still hope it happens :)

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines
I will never predict a blowout. Our recent success hasn't involved Iowa at all, so at this point, I don't really care if we win by 1 or 30. Just get better every game, that's all I ask.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

WVU (or maybe KSU?) last year when we were boat racing them and they kicked a field goal to break our shut out. Campbell put the pedal to the floor after that stunt haha

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
WVU (or maybe KSU?) last year when we were boat racing them and they kicked a field goal to break our shut out. Campbell put the pedal to the floor after that stunt haha

I was going to say, I remember Dekkers coming in and slinging some deep balls when it's very comfortable... that isn't just us running up the gut in and somehow breaking off huge runs.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

We scored 1 TD in between West Virginia’s FGs in a quarter. Not exactly putting the pedal to the floor.

I just don’t think Campbell cares. Our dominating games are workman like not flashy. And I doubt that changed against Iowa.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
What do you mean by heavy favorite? 4 points?
To most people, they are better in every phase of the game besides maybe punting. It is at home, ISU is going to be a top 5 team. Heavy favorite. I think Iowa is 0-1 going into this game.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
We scored 1 TD in between West Virginia’s FGs in a quarter. Not exactly putting the pedal to the floor.

I just don’t think Campbell cares. Our dominating games are workman like not flashy. And I doubt that changed against Iowa.
Completely agree, and love that about him. But I was just saying there was definitely one game last year where he did not take his foot off the gas like he usually does. Which was surprising.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Completely agree, and love that about him. But I was just saying there was definitely one game last year where he did not take his foot off the gas like he usually does. Which was surprising.

I don’t think there was a game like that though.

Every time we won by a lot it was more about us not being able to help scoring late.

Hell the only time you could maybe argue it was Kansas last year when they let dekkers throw.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
If we win, you know Kirkwood fans will just claim it's our Super Bowl, which is ironic because since Campbell stepped foot in Ames, they've been obsessed with us.

• Haha
Reactions: cyfanatic