Cy-Hawk football dream

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
The Hawks and Cyclones met on the gridiron in my dreams last night. The game was played in Iowa's new indoor stadium. Our offense wore white, head-to-toe, the defense wore gold. Not yellow, but gold.

The Cyclones did everything possible to give it away early: Shooting themselves in the foot with penalties, fumbling after long gains and so forth. After being tied 9-9 at halftime, the Cyclones prevailed in a new shootout-style OT, 107-101.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
You know this was a dream when u said IOwa scored 101..they wont' score that all year..

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Disappointed. Was at least expecting aliens to be bursting out of the chests of Hawkeyes or something equally cool and topical.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
What you are suffering from, my friend, is a seasonal affliction due to onset of sports abyss 2017. Maybe someday, after they build some of that Star Trek tech, they can put people like us in a stasis between the Final Four and the end of August. Until then, we just have to find a way to cope. For years I pretended to be interested in MLB, but I built up a tolerance to where it no longer does anything for me. So now its reading (how many times can you read Phil Steele cover to cover?), NetFlix, volunteering for do-gooder events, attending town halls, cleaning other people's garages. Anything that kills a day, is one day closer to kickoff, the way I see it. That is just how it is for the likes of you 'n' me, my friend. A wise pitch man once said that fans don't get a day off. Let's just say, he was onto somthin' there.
:D