Cy at the Keg Stand??

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Sure looks like it given the 'Keg Stand' logo across his belly on the ad banner.

Question: Does ISU approve any use of the mascot for advertising?

Back in the day the cool Cy was on the signs of a couple of bars, but that was back in the day. Given how protective schools are now of their image I wonder if ISU must approve.

Could someone start a marijuana cafe and use Cy on the sign?

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
You need to get permission from the university beforehand. It's kinda difficult actually, we tried to put him on a drinking T-shirt and they wouldn't let us.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Sure looks like it given the 'Keg Stand' logo across his belly on the ad banner.

Question: Does ISU approve any use of the mascot for advertising?

Back in the day the cool Cy was on the signs of a couple of bars, but that was back in the day. Given how protective schools are now of their image I wonder if ISU must approve.

Could someone start a marijuana cafe and use Cy on the sign?

Nope. The last time a club put Cy on a shirt with a marijuana leaf without the boards permission they came down on them like a storm. The last thing they want is somehow a picture of Cy in a compromising situation getting onto the internet and potentially ruining peoples perceptions of the university.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
You need to get permission from the university beforehand. It's kinda difficult actually, we tried to put him on a drinking T-shirt and they wouldn't let us.

Just get an out of town screen printer to make the shirts. I see tons of shirts with Cy doing inappropriate things at FB games.

Help Support Us

Become a patron