Cy’s House 2018

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

greatshu

Dec 4, 2007
KS
I'm participating in my first Cy's House of Trivia this year. Any pointers are welcome.

• Don't take Trivia seriously.
  • Bring something that "celebs" can autograph.
  • Drink lot of beer.
  • Build a beer pyramid.
  • Come hungry.
  • Bring cash - for raffle tickets.
  • Have a GREAT time.
  • Did I mention drink beer?

greatshu

Dec 4, 2007
KS
Another fun night. We had Eric Heft and Matt Campbell as our celebrity. I thought hey downgraded ruffle prizes a bit. Good stuff went to silent auction and I couldn't afford good ones.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Anyone hear anything of interest?

Heard Real is pretty solid for a freshman QB.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Another fun night. We had Eric Heft and Matt Campbell as our celebrity. I thought hey downgraded ruffle prizes a bit. Good stuff went to silent auction and I couldn't afford good ones.
Who were the other celebrities?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I thought it was well done again this year. We had Paul Shirley and Tyson Veidt as our bigger named celebs.

It was hilarious when the football coaching staff was coming out of the tunnel after the Olympic sports staffs. I didn’t think the line was ever going to end.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Who were the other celebrities?

There are a ton of them. Most of the coaches and their staffs. Monte was back. Paul Shirley. Ahtyba Rubin and Ellis Hobbs were there. A bunch more former players from all sports.

greatshu

Dec 4, 2007
KS
Anyone hear anything of interest?

Heard Real is pretty solid for a freshman QB.

I heard Re-Al Mitchell is going to be special as well. As far as football go, all the coaches were really excited (of course, duh). LBs are the only group they weren't sure how they will do. Loss of Lanning was pretty big to the LBs group.

Campbell told us how he loves our fan support. He thanked our table over and over for how much love we have shown him.

Eric Heft thought that our MBB team will look 10000 times better than year and we will be okay if we don't end up with any of those grad transfers.

greatshu

Dec 4, 2007
KS
There are a ton of them. Most of the coaches and their staffs. Monte was back. Paul Shirley. Ahtyba Rubin and Ellis Hobbs were there. A bunch more former players from all sports.

Osemele didn't make it due to losing a passport? WBB coaches were no show as well. It was great to see Monte. No djack, Beverly or Brase.

greatshu

Dec 4, 2007
KS
We subbed for a couple of years, but would love to try to form a team to try for a lottery table.

Seems like it's getting harder and harder to score a permanent table. We got lucky 5 years ago or so after putting our name in for lottery table.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
We had Lazard, Christy Johnson Lynch, Joe Lynch, Kevin Dresser, a football assistant, and Jeff Woody.

Hubby actually won a good raffle prize--2 tickets to the OU football game. Last year I won season gymnastics tickets which I never used, so this was much better.

One of our regular players was Eric Heft's roommate in college so he usually stops by our table, but didn't see him this year.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Osemele didn't make it due to losing a passport? WBB coaches were no show as well. It was great to see Monte. No djack, Beverly or Brase.

I think I saw a tweet on Saturday that it was Fennelly's wife's birthday. Maybe why they got out of it.

The raffle seemed like a big downgrade this year. When I saw that one of the "prizes" was a Merrill Holden autographed picture I walked away.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Had Scheelhaase as one of our celebrities. He was more helpful than anyone else we've ever had. Very smart guy, at least when it comes to knowledge of world religions.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
It's my favorite event of the year.

I had two perfect tables. 10 out of 10 at tables for World Religions and Geographic Music. Whatever category was before Religions we had 9 out of 10 on at that table. It was a hell of a 30 question run.

I also heard from multiple on the record sources at 1st intermission that Williams was extraordinarily quiet at the CF table.