CW's Interviews

79Fan

Oct 27, 2010
I love Cyclonefanatic.com almost as much as I love the Cyclones ... except when Chris Williams does an interview. Chris, the purpose of an interview is to let us learn about the person you are interviewing and what they think, not to talk about yourself and what you think. Case in point. Just listened to "Meet Dave Moody". Learned way more about you, what you think about pork, what you think about Dave Moody, what you think about pretty much everything, than what Dave Moody (who seems like a pretty interesting guy) thinks about anything. Stick to analysis, which you are really good at, and avoid interviews which ... not so much.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
0qIpUyN.gif

• Funny
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I love Cyclonefanatic.com almost as much as I love the Cyclones ... except when Chris Williams does an interview. Chris, the purpose of an interview is to let us learn about the person you are interviewing and what they think, not to talk about yourself and what you think. Case in point. Just listened to "Meet Dave Moody". Learned way more about you, what you think about pork, what you think about Dave Moody, what you think about pretty much everything, than what Dave Moody (who seems like a pretty interesting guy) thinks about anything. Stick to analysis, which you are really good at, and avoid interviews which ... not so much.

Stick to lurking, which you are really good at, and avoid posting which...not so much.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I give the OP credit for speaking his opinion probably knowing he'd get backlash. CW seems like a guy that thrives on criticism and it'll help him be better.

I've never had any issues stand out to me with the way CW interviews. I will say as a whole, my least favorite thing about someone interviewing is when they take about 60 seconds to get their question out. Jon Miller used to do this.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I give the OP credit for speaking his opinion probably knowing he'd get backlash. CW seems like a guy that thrives on criticism and it'll help him be better.

I've never had any issues stand out to me with the way CW interviews. I will say as a whole, my least favorite thing about someone interviewing is when they take about 60 seconds to get their question out. Jon Miller used to do this.

You've been to professional meetings. You know a question can last 10 times that length.

We could talk about CW's homely appearance. That would be a nice and instructive thread.
Get prettier, CW.

• Funny
Reactions: cyfan21

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
..... Really enjoyed the one you just did with Golesh

I thought it was really good as well.
I LOL when Golesh was joking about the TOE clad waitress who would have spit in their food if she knew they Cyclone coaches. He's a fun interview.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think CW's interview of Dave Moody was pretty much what Dave Moody and the Iowa Pork Producers wanted it to be. CW gave him plenty of opportunities to run with what he wanted to say. The guy is an old-time Iowa Pork Producer. He isn't going to ramble on and on like some of us who live-and-die with Iowa State sports. The guy is a great fan and a great contributor to the state (as a pork producer and a sponsor of CF). I liked bringing to voice someone who represents a very large and important part of our fan base (and who is probably too busy most of the time to call into shows on KXNO or Cyclones.tv).

P.S. Just be glad that Charter wasn't doing the interview or you know what they would have ended up talking about. ;)

Help Support Us

Become a patron