CW was right on the money!! What a weekend for Men’s Hoops.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
I have to admit, I was skeptical of the new staffs direction with transfers the first week or two. Today, I’m beginning to be a believer with the way this team is puzzling up.

Minnesota transfer Gabe Kalschuer, complete stud! Impressive stat line along with the fact that he’s a lock down defender. Experienced and has played in the NCAA Tournament.

Caleb Grill returning after getting considerable playing time at UNLV. I believe the best basketball is ahead of him.

And lastly, and perhaps the most monumental piece, the reaffirmed commitment of Tyrese Hunter!

Cheers Chris!
Did Chris leave the country?

Reactions: Aclone

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
It’s kind of sad not seeing all the negative posters that have been running ramped the last few days/weeks. Like really all they care about is talking negative?
I mean I don't know if I'm included in the "negative poster" group but I'll say today has been a great day for TJ and the staff he's put together. Keeping Hunter in the fold, and bringing in GK and Kunc are all really big moves, and I think Grill and Jones both can be important parts of the rebuild.

There's still work to do, though, and a lot of my hesitancy with TJ is gonna remain unanswered for a while. We knew/know TJ has recruiting chops, and I'd say he's hit that part out of the park so far.

The B12 is just a murderer's row of coaches and it will be fun to see how TJ stacks up. I do think he has it in him to compete with those guys over time and like I said, I think he's basically done all we could hope and more by this point.

• Agree
Reactions: Yellow Snow

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Just a great day for TJ. I was really worried about Hunter being poached, so that is the big one. The other two add some toughness, defense and shooting. Things that had almost disappeared from Cyclone BB in the last couple years.

TJ still has a some ships to fill. I hope he can find some more guys that fit his plans.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Looking at the stats of the players we are getting, it is obvious that TJ is focused on getting players who are strong defensively. While I believe that he will want an up tempo style, we need a strong defense to create turnovers and transition buckets.

Reactions: NWICY

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
PTH, PGK, and PGRILL all in the same day? That’s actually a pretty nice lil’ Saturday for COTZ and staff.

2c6d73545c9ee7b0b1079548094fd3fa75bcab61.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Statefan10

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

Came across this video on twitter included in it is Hinson who is back working out and shooting. Hopefully this means he will be clear for this upcoming season.

I would have bet my house we would have never seen Hinson play for Iowa State. So happy to see everyone smiling and all that after the season they had. The ones left really seem to get along

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron