CW POD: Is pro wrestling fun again?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
More HHH house cleaning in recent weeks. Nikki Cross back to her psycho self.

Tonight Mia Yim brought back, Nikki beats Dana Brooke for 24/7 title then disposes of the belt for the trash that it was and cherry on the sundae is putting a nail in the coffin of Vince's protégé Theory by having him cash in for the US title when all previous cash in's were for the WWE title and then he has Theory fail to cash in. Great night

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Anyone there tonight? Said f it this morning and bought tickets with no idea what matches were going on. Didn’t really know many gimmicks, but felt like a really good show. I was worried the first five minutes of the Ladder Match we would be in for a bad night but holy hell that match was so electric by the end

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Anyone there tonight? Said f it this morning and bought tickets with no idea what matches were going on. Didn’t really know many gimmicks, but felt like a really good show. I was worried the first five minutes of the Ladder Match we would be in for a bad night but holy hell that match was so electric by the end
I was fifth row behind the announcers table. Very good Raw for late December.

Bayley and Becky was amazing. Ladder match solid and end featured a returning Bronson Reed who was in NXT when he was let go. Styles vs Zayn great and main event Rollins and Owens vs Usos was a cherry on the sundae.

This was Des Moines 2nd Raw in 6 months. I think Rollins being from Iowa helps us in landing these.

mksmith2

Apr 30, 2010
Ames, IA
I was in Section 4 in the 3rd row, that was a very fun show. Was mildly disappointed that there wasn't a dark main event, but given the holiday season, I'm super okay with that for all the talent.

mksmith2

Apr 30, 2010
Ames, IA
I was fifth row behind the announcers table. Very good Raw for late December.

Bayley and Becky was amazing. Ladder match solid and end featured a returning Bronson Reed who was in NXT when he was let go. Styles vs Zayn great and main event Rollins and Owens vs Usos was a cherry on the sundae.

This was Des Moines 2nd Raw in 6 months. I think Rollins being from Iowa helps us in landing these.

The ladder match seemed super slow at first, but then it really picked up at the end.

(I can't help but wonder if 2 solid wrestling college schools being in Iowa helps as well, maybe they use the day(s) in Iowa to scout collegiate talent?)

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Fun night 1 of Wrestlemania tonight.

Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley stole the match of the night with an all-time classic - perhaps the best woman's match ever. Charlotte even broke character after the match, just sitting outside the ring, smiling as she thought about what they pulled off.

Zayn and Owens vs The Usos following that match had a lot to live up to - and pulled off an amazing match as well, one that's likely to continue the crumbling of the Bloodline.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone13

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley stole the match of the night with an all-time classic - perhaps the best woman's match ever. Charlotte even broke character after the match, just sitting outside the ring, smiling as she thought about what they pulled off.

Zayn and Owens vs The Usos following that match had a lot to live up to - and pulled off an amazing match as well, one that's likely to continue the crumbling of the Bloodline.

The Rhea Charlotte build was so bad that I had no expectations but match far outperformed the build. Main event was good especially the end with it coming down to Sami and Jey.

My favorite from last night though was Rey and Dominick. From each others intro's to the involvement of the family in the match. A+

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
The Rhea Charlotte build was so bad that I had no expectations but match far outperformed the build. Main event was good especially the end with it coming down to Sami and Jey.

My favorite from last night though was Rey and Dominick. From each others intro's to the involvement of the family in the match. A+
Agree with all of this. Solid night 1.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

I agree the build is bad. The problem is Rhea is so tied up with the Mysterio feud storyline wise that it makes it almost impossible for her to do another storyline on top of that, so this feud was simply about the title and that's it. Kind of a weak build, but the match was solid.

And for the record, I love that the lWo was resurrected for this - and I'm looking forward to seeing how they ultimately turn on Rey.

• Agree

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I agree the build is bad. The problem is Rhea is so tied up with the Mysterio feud storyline wise that it makes it almost impossible for her to do another storyline on top of that, so this feud was simply about the title and that's it. Kind of a weak build, but the match was solid.

And for the record, I love that the lWo was resurrected for this - and I'm looking forward to seeing how they ultimately turn on Rey.

She has smackdown title and Judgement Day is on Raw. Will be interesting to see how or if that dynamic changes now.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
What time was the McAfee match last night… I think I missed that somehow.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny

Yeah the spots in the Mysterio match were all great, from the spanking to the family involvement to the celebrity interference.

• Agree

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
McAfee v Miz was not an announced scheduled match.

Ahh. Okay.. I’m kinda getting into it again and have only watched the last couple of weeks. I’ll be sure to keep it on all night tonight!

Is it Cody’s turn to win the Championship?