Curtis Stinson Jr 2025 Recruit

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
Had the wrong year. I put this in another thread and couldn’t figure why we hadn’t even touched base with him. I wish Martin was pushing ISU like Fizer is his son.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Who have been the best recent legacy recruits? Ones that we would have actually like to have? Grady **** comes to mind, his mom was decent at ISU
I'd count Lipsey as kind of a legacy with both parents working for ISU. Austen Arnaud. Jelani Hamilton with his brother being a basketball manager I believe.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
a bit off topic (and debated plenty in the past) but Des Moines metro actually producing D1 basketball talent annually would be a nice help to our recruiting.
It's amazing how few major D1 players the whole Des Moines area has produced. Almost no one from Valley, Dowling, Johnston, Urbandale, SEP, the Des Moines schools, etc... over the past 20 years. Waukee finally has recently with the Sandforts and Biliew so that's a plus. Ames High has probably produced more over the past 20 years than the entire Des Moines metro. Lipsey, Palo, Barnes, McDermott, Thompson and Marsden off the top of my head. The Des Moines area has had some mid-major and low major players though.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
a bit off topic (and debated plenty in the past) but Des Moines metro actually producing D1 basketball talent annually would be a nice help to our recruiting.
Tucker Devries is a solid player but we obviously stood no chance in landing him.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It's amazing how few major D1 players the whole Des Moines area has produced. Almost no one from Valley, Dowling, Johnston, Urbandale, SEP, the Des Moines schools, etc... over the past 20 years. Waukee finally has recently with the Sandforts and Biliew so that's a plus. Ames High has probably produced more over the past 20 years than the entire Des Moines metro. Lipsey, Palo, Barnes, McDermott, Thompson and Marsden off the top of my head. The Des Moines area has had some mid-major and low major players though.

Jacobsen was pretty good for us. But I agree, as the Metro starts producing more D1 basketball players it would probably help us a lot.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron