cubs vs cards tonight!

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
final game of the 4 game series tonight at 7:05 CST, cubs look to take 3 of 4 while cards are hoping for a spilt. Wellemeyer on the mound for STL and Lilly for CHC.... anyone know if its going to be blacked out on ESPN like the cubs/brewers game earlier this year?

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
It is a national game so no blackout. The weather looks to be dicey thou. Worst thing for either team is a game that goes 3 or 4 innings and then have a rain delay of an hour and its back to a bullpen battle will either team have a bullpen left?

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Lol... there isn't a game in April that a team 'needs' to win.

Silly cubs fans.

It's the Cards, it's in Wrigly, and Cubs will take the out right lead in the division in the win. Throw in the Cards have been a hot team and those are all ingredients for a bigger than average game. It's not September, but both teams really care about this series.

Last edited:

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Lol... there isn't a game in April that a team 'needs' to win.

Silly cubs fans.

Games in April matter just as much as games in September. You win here, maybe the game in September doesn't even matter. You ALWAYS want to beat the contenders in your division, that way you separate yourselves from them in the division.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Well regardless if the Cubs win or not for the first time since 1980 that the Cubs will start the season without losing one of the first four series.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Wellemeyer should get lit up like a Christmas tree tonight. Skeletor can only work so much magic.

Also, considering the 3 of the Cubs first 4 series have come against teams in the division, I would say it matters. Games against teams in your division always matter.

A win tonight will get the Cubs to 7-3 against the Central.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wellemeyer should get lit up like a Christmas tree tonight. Skeletor can only work so much magic.

Also, considering the 3 of the Cubs first 4 series have come against teams in the division, I would say it matters. Games against teams in your division always matter.

A win tonight will get the Cubs to 7-3 against the Central.

hate to say it but that will probably happen unless he pulls a miracle outta his rear

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
I wonder with the state of Illinois all but covered in rain at this point if this game will be canceled or are they going to try and wait it out

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
dammit what im a gonna watch tonight or ***** about if the cards somehow lose :wink:

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA
yeah it is supposed to rain all day tomorrow as well. On a side note, my wife and I just moved to chicago (actually one of the northern suburbs) about a month ago. This city is absolutely crazy right now with optimism. Bulls, hawks, cubs, and white sox it is incredible the amount of energy in the city right now

Help Support Us

Become a patron