Creighton gettin' spanked by Baylor

TheAntiHawk

Mar 29, 2013
Different conference

I'm asking if Creighton's performance makes UCONN's win over Villanova less impressive? I was never high on Nova, and now I'm REALLY low on them seeing that they lost to Creighton by 25 twice, thinking that both those teams are weaklings compared to Baylor.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
Did Steve Kerr use "It's like the Varsity playing the JV" or something to that effect in this game? That takes me back to the Johnny Orr team's game against Michigan years ago.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
This is giving me flashbacks to when McDermott was our coach and couldn't beat anybody but Nebraska and Colorado. The guy just can't coach against teams with actual and/or superior coaching. Marquette, Xavier, Georgetown, St. John's, and and Nova are going to have a nice time once Douggie is gone next year.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I for one have officially replaced any Scott Drew jokes with Travis Ford indefinitely. The guy resurrected a program that was in horrid shape (understatement) and has some pretty good tourney success. Yes, he's had some really good talent and last year was an underachievement. However, he earned my respect the way this team held together after a brutal stretch.

Drew still has some underachievement history in regular season, compared to promise of talent, but I'll say this: He's been fairly successful in tournament format:

• 2 Elite 8's
  • 1 Sweet 16 (minimum) in 2014
  • NIT runner-up
  • NIT title
  • Big 12 tournament runner-up three times — twice knocking out 1 seed (one time as a 9, also beating 8 & 5), once knocking out 2nd & 3rd.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Kudos to Greg accomplishing so much at Creighton. My second post on CF was pretty critical of him. But great to see him do well.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I respect Scott Drew now. I'll be pulling for Baylor all the way here, unless our title game rematch happens.

This is how I feel - I hope they smoke Wisconsin too, though I don't think that will happen but I do think they will win if they play their D.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Only fitting the 2 teams that made big 12 tourney championship are the 2 big 12 teams left in the big dance. Here's to a ISU Baylor Part 4 for national title.