Creative Jobs in Waterloo/Cedar Valley Area?

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Hey all, my girlfriend is considering trying to move to the area, but she's having a hard time finding much interesting looking work on the internet for here. So I thought I might turn to some real people out there an see if anybody knows anything, or perhaps knows someone or has any suggestions.

She's a BA in Music who's looking for a job that's atypical from your standard desk/office job. She wants to be able to use her creativity (has an eye for design and layout, very good writer & oral communication), and/or do some meaningful work. Currently she works in the membership department for Iowa Public Radio in Ames, and has been there for a few years. Originally she was a part-time student worker, and for close to half a year now has been on a full-time temporary contract. She does a lot of processing money, deals with people over the phone, proofs mailings, provides work for a student worker, among other things.

We've looked a lot at online job search engines, and haven't come across a ton, and what's there hasn't looked very interesting (or would require a medical or techinical degree, or 5+ years of experience in the field.... senior positions). So I'm trying to get creative in my search.

So I don't know if anybody out there has any suggestions, but I would appreciate any information. Thanks!

iowaboy

Apr 4, 2008
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Contact Steve Citta former Band Director at Waterloo West. He is currently at Bunger Jr. Hi. school as he is gearing down. He knows who's on first and what's on 2nd in that area.

b3r3m

Feb 1, 2007
I would suggest researching companies in the area that would be of interest to her and then continue to watch their company websites for job openings. You'll have much better luck than generic online job boards.