Crazy vehicle accident in LA

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When I managed the dealership, we had a guy who was snapping studs left and right on a wheel. He had bought a set of after market rims that were much larger and that was the only thing that had changed. We knew it was the rims giving trouble but he blamed the manufacturer. Well, when you snap the originals and 2 more sets of new studs, it isn’t the studs being soft.

Very possible that if the truck was altered that insurance could be troublesome for him. Probably cover the other person but any damage to his may be voided if they deem poor product or installation.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Unless there is a good reason to widen the stance and a high quality spacer is used, 100% agree. If your truck needs more, upgrade the suspension.
Wide stancing,....a well known technique. 1679975213463.png

Mar 21, 2021
Couple of years ago I saw a tire come off a semi from the opposite direction. When the tire hit the first pothole/bump, it went flying at least 70-80 feet up in the air. Landed in the ditch and wobble/bounced into the woods. This was on I-80 east of Merle Hay Rd.
On the Beltway in DC circa 1995 at night saw a tractor/trailer wheel rolling along the road, glowing red-hot.

In Milwaukee circa 2007, a tractor/trailer lost a wheel, it hopped the median, bounced into oncoming traffic, directly into the windshield of a local doctor, stone cold dead.

• Sad
Reactions: khardbored

Mar 21, 2021
Wide stancing,....a well known technique. View attachment 111394

There used to be, circa 1982 or so, a creep who routinely did the Larry Craig reach under the stall routine in the men's head in the ISU student union.

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
Found a whole wheel, tire and brake drum assembly from a tractor trailer out in the middle of corn field off of highway 20. Was close to 1/4 mile away from the road. That thing had some serious energy to get that far.

• Wow
Reactions: cyclones500

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This is the one that I was reminded of. I love it so much. It's just a "chef's kiss" of a video

I don't know why this one get's me so much but god damn this is funny. I think it's that guys reaction. Just imagine doing a normal buisness thing and then WHAMMO! A ******* tire comes bouncing at your face.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Found a whole wheel, tire and brake drum assembly from a tractor trailer out in the middle of corn field off of highway 20. Was close to 1/4 mile away from the road. That thing had some serious energy to get that far.
My brother was in an accident with one of his roommates back in the '80s northwest of Ames. The little car they were in was totalled. When I showed up with my mom to see if he was okay a few days later he showed me (definitely not my mom) the wheel and part of the assembly that they went back and found a couple of days later. It was about a quarter of a mile down the road and about a quarter of a mile into the field. If it hadn't been in the early spring before crops were up they probably would have never found it but the farmer would have been pissed when he did.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
You’d think the tire would be wobbling before coming loose. I may or may not have forgotten to tighten my wheels down after a brake job on my truck in the college years and there was a definite wobble. I pulled over and had two lug nuts left and found a couple on the shoulder along 30.

My guess is he had cheap wheel spacers or his dumb lift caused enough stress that a ball joint or tire rod let loose and caused enough stress at high speed that it sheared the lugs.

Either way, I’m sure backyard mechanic skills caused a potential life altering accident. I always get nervous around lifted or lowered vehicles.
So many of the half ton lifted bro trucks won’t make it past 75k miles just due to all the stress put on them they aren’t designed for. I’m even more amazed when I see people pulling heavy loads with a lifted bro truck with a 12 inch drop hitch.

I get a laugh when I drive past Ames Ford as it appears all they sell now is new half tons with 8 inch lift kits. Nothing like spending extra money on an already expensive new vehicle just to get less lifespan and worse mileage out of it.

Reactions: AgronAlum

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
So many of the half ton lifted bro trucks won’t make it past 75k miles just due to all the stress put on them they aren’t designed for. I’m even more amazed when I see people pulling heavy loads with a lifted bro truck with a 12 inch drop hitch.

I get a laugh when I drive past Ames Ford as it appears all they sell now is new half tons with 8 inch lift kits. Nothing like spending extra money on an already expensive new vehicle just to get less lifespan and worse mileage out of it.

Nevermind having a bed that isn’t even ******* usable anymore. Squatted trucks are even dumber.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I was driving on 470 in Denver about 10 years ago over the holidays with my young sons and we saw a white SUV lose control on the other side of the highway. It hit the cement median and went airborne like that and landed on its hood. Scared the crap out of me because we were in the outside lane just on the other side of the median from this oncoming car. It was surreal.

• Wow
Reactions: keepngoal

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron