Craig McDonald lands at Auburn

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Thoughts on this? I thought Brian Harsin was just about to be fired any minute? Smart to head to a program where there will be a new coach staff soon.. my goodness.

ghyland7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2012
it's possible to be mad at the system without being mad at the player.

who knows what the personal situation is; maybe he is twirling his moustache looking for sacks of cash like an old school movie villain, or maybe there's some type of family situation where he needs cash, and Auburn could offer it while ISU couldn't.

It sucks for ISU and for college athletics that money is determining destinations for athletes (well, at least now it's obvious and out in the open...)

I don't actively wish poorly for Craig McDonald, but I just don't really care about Auburn or what happens for that program.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Iowa State to Auburn? That's like Chizik and Leath.

After those 2 names, you would think Auburn would be as skeptical of ISU people transferring in as the Chicago Bulls would be for hiring ISU people for BB coaches.

Yeah I know Chiz won a natty but it was only because of Cam, he was let go soon after.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
That program is a disaster under Harsin and I can’t imagine him making it another year without being fired. I’ll venture to guess Craig is looking for another new school next year.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
In this thread:
giphy.gif

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
it's possible to be mad at the system without being mad at the player.

who knows what the personal situation is; maybe he is twirling his moustache looking for sacks of cash like an old school movie villain, or maybe there's some type of family situation where he needs cash, and Auburn could offer it while ISU couldn't.

It sucks for ISU and for college athletics that money is determining destinations for athletes (well, at least now it's obvious and out in the open...)

I don't actively wish poorly for Craig McDonald, but I just don't really care about Auburn or what happens for that program.

Have any of y'all actually been on Auburn's campus? It's really kind of gross. In fact, Auburn makes Waco look like a garden spot. I kind of feel badly for Craig, but hopefully the money makes him feel good about his decision.