CR Gazette

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Yeah well... We all remember making fun of our little brother. And then that day came when you looked at him and thought "Crap, when did he become taller than me?" There comes a time when you just know your time has passed and it's their spotlight now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psyclone

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
yeah well...
we all remember making fun of our little brother. and then that day when you looked at him and thought "crap when did he become taller than me?" there comes a time when you just know your time has passed and its their spotlight now.

Great post, and I was thinking the same thing. This is by far the most coverage the Gazette has given an ISU media day. I was thinking, hmm, looks like someone at the Gazette has decided it might be time to hedge their bets on the Hawks.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Amount of sarcasm in this thread....

spinaltap-11.jpg

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
OK, here's the scoop. I'm guessing that the Linn County Attorney consulted with the Johnson County Attorney and decided to issue an order suppressing the release of any information regarding the Cyclone football program. Probably something about being afraid to violate the privacy rights of students.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
And yet the link provided in the original post shows ZERO media day coverage. One would have to read your mind and click on the separate "Read the E-Edition" link to get where you wanted us to go.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Maybe they realize that there are more ISU graduates living in Linn county than Iowa graduates? Just saying. Do mouth-breathing Iowa fans actually buy the paper anyhow?

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
Image_2.jpg

IOWA STATE FOOTBALL
Positions wide open

Competition keen in Cyclone camp

By Eric Petersen
For The Gazette
AMES — If Ben Lamaak sat down today, and penciled in Iowa State’s starting offense, would he be confident that on Aug. 28, against South Dakota State, the Cyclones’ lineup would look the same?
Last year there was Meyer, Blythe, Bowen, Rubin, Culbertson — standouts who were surefire starters.

Last edited by a moderator:

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
Freshman who spurned Aggies likes ISU vibe
Receiver Johnson welcome addition to depleted corps
By Eric Petersen
For The Gazette
AMES — Never mind how, or that members of his immediate family desperately wanted Sedrick Johnson to play elsewhere.
He’s on campus, in uniform and hoping to become an immediate contributor at wideout for Iowa State’s football team.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
Running back Bass’ future at ISU uncertain
By Chuck Schoffner
For The Gazette
AMES — J.J. Bass is still in limbo.
The senior running back might well be a part of Iowa State’s football team this season. Then again, he might not. Coach Gene Chizik said at Saturday’s media day that Bass, the Cyclones’ secondleading rusher last season, is making progress on the obligations he needs to meet to be reinstated, but he’s not there yet.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Thank. Great read.

I wonder if JJ Bass is being used as an example? Coach Chizik may be just trying to set the tone with him for the rest of the team that he's not going to take any B.S.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The Register also has a lot of good articles including video and tons of photos. Might want to check that at out.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
How about this negative story in the Gazette.

Cyclones could have growing pains in store

By Eric Petersen
For The Gazette

bilde
(AP)
Iowa State football coach Gene Chizik speaks with reporters Wednesday during the Big 12 football media day in Kansas City, Mo.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Don't believe the worst is far behind you, Cyclone fans.

Year 2 of the Gene Chizik era may not be a whole lot more successful than the first.