CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You are right...in comparison to the atrocities at many of the other B1G schools, Kirk should be considered a model citizen. Racism/bullying are not that big of deal.

View attachment 94955
I find it perplexing that during the Hoiberg era, he took on guys that had negative past transgressions and that was perfectly ok and acceptable in cyclone fans eyes. Comparitively speaking it makes sense does it not? If we are comparing things like this today.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I find it perplexing that during the Hoiberg era, he took on guys that had negative past transgressions and that was perfectly ok and acceptable in cyclone fans eyes. Comparitively speaking it makes sense does it not? If we are comparing things like this today.
You are equating Kirk's behavior with 18, 19 and 20 year old kids? Sorry but your logic (?) is not coming through.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You did not just compare those two things.. lol

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston

Not really. If Kirk were fired and then hired by a different college then maybe it'd be the same thing. And I don't think there would be much discussion on that situation had it gone down that way.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not really. If Kirk were fired and then hired by a different college then maybe it'd be the same thing. And I don't think there would be much discussion on that situation had it gone down that way.
Had Kirk fired everyone involved, he could've easily pointed to him making the right decisions to lead change. He too probably should've been punished via a suspension, fine, or something for allowing it to happen under his nose.

None of that happened. He kept on his son and no one was punished. And then Kirk got a raise / extension not 2 years after everything.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Had Kirk fired everyone involved, he could've easily pointed to him making the right decisions to lead change. He too probably should've been punished via a suspension, fine, or something for allowing it to happen under his nose.

None of that happened. He kept on his son and no one was punished. And then Kirk got a raise / extension not 2 years after everything.
Doyle was bought out and gone......I guess that is no one.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
not that anyone cares but up until I read the details of the allegations, the accounts from players, watched the program dismiss Doyle, etc., I felt much differently about KF.

I sort of admired his stoic demeanor and dry sense of humor and that he efficiently put out a pretty good product and produced high quality players...but that changed dramatically...because while I feel people do embellish and lie, I don't believe that there was such collusion by victims that he, his son and Doyle (and probably others) were not guilty of fostering a program based on fear, intimidation and socioeconomic and racial disparities.

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Do you really not understand the Irony of the comment?
No, I don't because they're not similar in anyway outside of someone making a mistake. The situations of all of them are entirely different. Age, the acts themselves, repeat offending, etc.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Doyle was bought out and gone......I guess that is no one.
No one was fired. Doyle was released with pay so he wouldn't come back and sue the University and been able to talk about the situation. He could've thrown everyone under the bus. Brian was named almost as much as Doyle. No suspension, no pay cut, nothing lol.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
No one was fired. Doyle was released with pay so he wouldn't come back and sue the University and been able to talk about the situation. He could've thrown everyone under the bus. Brian was named almost as much as Doyle. No suspension, no pay cut, nothing lol.
IF this is such a cut and dry situation and cover up, how in the world would Doyle be able to sue the university if they fired him?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
No, I don't because they're not similar in anyway outside of someone making a mistake. The situations of all of them are entirely different. Age, the acts themselves, repeat offending, etc.
So are the rape and murder cases but that is being compared here.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
IF this is such a cut and dry situation and cover up, how in the world would Doyle be able to sue the university if they fired him?
Because Iowa would've had to prove there was cause to fire him and wouldn't have paid him a dime... Doubt he would've gone down with much of a fight lol. He would've sued and it would've likely gotten messy.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
not that anyone cares but up until I read the details of the allegations, the accounts from players, watched the program dismiss Doyle, etc., I felt much differently about KF.

I sort of admired his stoic demeanor and dry sense of humor and that he efficiently put out a pretty good product and produced high quality players...but that changed dramatically...because while I feel people do embellish and lie, I don't believe that there was such collusion by victims that he, his son and Doyle (and probably others) were not guilty of fostering a program based on fear, intimidation and socioeconomic and racial disparities.

Well to be fair. Kirk barely knew Doyle, and he certainly doesn’t know Brian or his daughters husband either

Imagine thinking he doesn’t know every single thing that happens in his program.

Imagine finding out he covered up a rape by two of his players, and destroyed evidence at a crime scene, and fostered a program where racism and bullying was not only permitted, it was encouraged, and thinking how much you admire and support him

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
In the situations like Michigan State and Penn State, people are equating them because there's a figure or figures in power who knowingly allow disgusting acts to be committed on their watch. They choose not to step in or just allow them to happen because of whatever reason. The acts alone are reprehensible in their own ways. But the context behind the situations are similar.

An 18 year old stealing a laptop or committing a petty crime or just having behavioral issues with a coach isn't even remotely comparable to what Kirk allowed happen / did.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
You are the only one comparing them. They have listed as vile acts of cruelty to other humans. One that should not be given a pass much like your beloved racism.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Well to be fair. Kirk barely knew Doyle, and he certainly doesn’t know Brian or his daughters husband either

Imagine thinking he doesn’t know every single thing that happens in his program.

Imagine finding out he covered up a rape by two of his players, and destroyed evidence at a crime scene, and fostered a program where racism and bullying was not only permitted, it was encouraged, and thinking how much you admire and support him

despite the seriousness of the subject, this made me laugh

• Friendly
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Because Iowa would've had to prove there was cause to fire him and wouldn't have paid him a dime... Doubt he would've gone down with much of a fight lol. He would've sued and it would've likely gotten messy.

Wait, according to the stupids, Doyle was the only racist.

With all of the information provided about him, how was there not cause to fire him? Simple answer, there was.

They gave him 1.4 million dollars to be quiet, because it is all about protecting the program, and his piece of **** son.