CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
I havent read this whole thread, but from some of the posts in here i get the idea that some think "well if 90% of the players say things are fine, then its not an issue".
No, not some. A grand total of ONE poster seems to @Thinker this way.

(with the irony of said username not lost on anyone)

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Well at last count, there were at least 55 former players who've had the courage to speak out about racist behavior within the program. What is the critical threshold for you? 100? 1000?
Give it up.
When you find 1 rat in your house, you probably have a 100.
When you find 55 rats, it's time to move.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
maybe he Gazette feels that KF is on his last year or two and the risk of getting black balled by him is worth it at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
maybe he Gazette feels that KF is on his last year or two and the risk of getting black balled by him is worth it at this point.

I think that Kirk only has 2-3 years before Brian takes over.

The gazette is trying to atone for their sins of creating true monster they have to have deniability for when Brian flames out

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I think that Kirk only has 2-3 years before Brian takes over.

The gazette is trying to atone for their sins of creating true monster they have to have deniability for when Brian flames out
Brian has flamed out a long time ago. KF just refuses to throw the trash in his dumpster.

Reactions: erinmd32

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Well at last count, there were at least 55 former players who've had the courage to speak out about racist behavior within the program. What is the critical threshold for you? 100? 1000?
Give it up.
One more than you can document . . . .

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Trying to determine what/who are your inconsistent positions based on. You've admitted 'something happened', but only Kirk and current players are credible?
At this point in time, yes they are. This article is about the current state of the program and the changes that have been made

• Haha
Reactions: VeloClone

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Hfs you should really not post that. Both are terrible. You just said racism is better than domestic violence. Yikes.

Here you go:
It is pretty telling that you think domestic violence is equal to what happened at Iowa. Do I condone what happened, no way and Doyle being gone is a good thing. But saying it is equal to beating a woman or wife is not something that should be compared IMO.

• Dumb
Reactions: cychhosis

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
1. You just admitted that you don't believe racism is a big issue
2. Do you know what happened? I, along with many on this forum and the CR Gazette, believe that we are not getting the full story and request transparency since our state taxes fund the University of Iowa.
Oh I believe it is an issue that Iowa is working on and through, I just do not see it as it being compared to domestic violence towards women.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
At this point in time, yes they are. This article is about the current state of the program and the changes that have been made
I looked to see what people kept responding to, now I see. This is totally dumb. A guy who tells players what to say during press interviews is supposed to be trusted to let players speak freely now? Notice no one has said they let them speak freely now without repercussions. Like turning a rapist loose on his own recognizance and not putting a restraining order on them.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Give it up.
You are saying all 55 of those players called Kirk racist?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I looked to see what people kept responding to, now I see. This is totally dumb. A guy who tells players what to say during press interviews is supposed to be trusted to let players speak freely now? Notice no one has said they let them speak freely now without repercussions. Like turning a rapist loose on his own recognizance and not putting a restraining order on them.
What are you talking about, Kirk lets players use social media freely now.........

• Haha
Reactions: BCClone

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
According to the CR Gazette and former players, no progress has been made. They are the only credible ones out there. Thinker logic......

#Trashcan U
You continue to be super confusing. How would former players know the progress that has been made if they are out of the program?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron