CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Probably not news in Iowa but Star Tribune in Gophertown had this story this afternoon.

IOWA CITY, Iowa — Iowa hired Lorenda Holston as assistant athletic director for diversity, equity and inclusion and Anthony Embry for the newly created position of athletics academic and diversity coordinator, the university announced Friday.
The moves come as the university faces a lawsuit by former football players who allege they faced discrimination and harassment from coaches and staff because they are Black.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Kirk just put an end to state baseball in Iowa City. It will be located somewhere else next year.
Probably correct, but it was not on stable footing in Iowa city prior based on this press release text:

A three-year agreement with Carroll will keep Class 2A and Class 1A at Merchants Park through July 2024.

Class 4A and Class 3A will play at Duane Banks Field in a year-to-year arrangement through 2024 as the University of Iowa athletic department has renovations planned for the 2,300-seat ballpark.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Gary Barta standard operating procedure, how much has this dude cost the university that employees him.. It does make me sad though because it damages Brian's chances of becoming the next Moon Family Head Football Coach at U of I.
LOL. This made me think that I've not heard the media refer to KKK as "Moon Family Head Football Coach" in quite a while. If I were the Moon family I'd ask for my $10M back. Or, take a number and get in line to sue the U of I.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I have long said that Ferentz is the Obi-Wan Kenobi of eastern Iowa! He could commit a huge mistake...the media would ask about it and KF would bring out the "these are not the droids you are looking for" line and the eastern Iowa media would go back their offices and write a story about how great KF is!
He could shoot someone in Times Square and not get arrested. Or was that Trump that said that? Same sort of person. Greedy, racist narcissist. Brian is like Don Jr.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
So the coaches legal team got all of the requested documents and depositions of the litigating players, but refuse to provide the documents and depositions that the court ordered them to provide to the players legal team. Sounds about right. The coaches believe they are above the petty legal system. Doesn't everyone know they are IOWA coaches!

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Eventually karma has to catch up to these nitwits. Ferentz, Barta and Co survived the awful 2007 rape case, rhabdo, nepotism, gender discrimination/anti-LGBTQ, and so far the racism case. Add Theftgate and Bandgate for good measure. Eventually you would think karma would punish them in the W-L column. I think that time has finally arrived.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Eventually karma has to catch up to these nitwits. Ferentz, Barta and Co survived the awful 2007 rape case, rhabdo, nepotism, gender discrimination/anti-LGBTQ, and so far the racism case. Add Theftgate and Bandgate for good measure. Eventually you would think karma would punish them in the W-L column. I think that time has finally arrived.
According to ESPN FPI, ISU is projected to go 8-4 with 92.5% probability of bowl eligible (6-6). Iowa is projected at 5-7 with 41.5% probability of bowl eligible.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I think karma is kicking in right now. It's looking like Chris Doyle's firing has taken a toll. Their Oline is nowhere near to their normal standard.

Reactions: jdolson27

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You know, many radio, TV, podcast people are saying to not blame the offense on Brian because it's really Kirk that has control of the whole team. The buck stops with him per se.
Why doesn't that same mentality work when it comes to how athletes were treated?
We have this stubborn old football coach that we're supposed to believe was unaware of what was happening in his program for years?

I have a hard time believing "scrambled eggs" control freak is innocent in a lot of what went down and I'm having a harder time believing it when he's so resistant to change and even trusting his kid.

Reactions: Cyclone06

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Lol! This **** just keeps getting better and better for the hawks!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron