Covid vaccine trial - my experience

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm trying hard to feel if I'm vaccinated but honestly the blood work will be the true science. If I develop some sort of immune response it won't matter what i think or feel so long as the results of over 30,000 people's blood work validates - or eliminates - Moderna from a valid option.

Well, clearly all it would possibly bias would be your perceptions / responses. But hey, its been a week are you still feeling good?

kcbob79clone

I posted this on CyReport but thought I'd share here too...

Some observations, some opinion, some details - and money...

I started the vaccine trial today (Moderna) in CoSprings. 25 month study and I get 2 shots (coin flip if placebo). I go back in a month for the 2nd shot. 7 set office visits and 24 phone call check-ins. I have an e-diary app to fill out daily (temp, general feelings, shot site reactions, etc..). And, unbeknownst to ME, I get $90 for each office visit and $27 for each phone call for compensation not to exceed $1,962 over course of the study... Nice little bonus there for saving the world.

I saw 5 medical professionals including the doctor leading the CoS study over the course of 2 hours. We did an extensive medical history and physical, took large amounts of blood, and did nasal swabs. For those complaining of the nasal swabs, I've had larger things in my nostrils and it was mildly uncomfortable at worst.

I thought today was just an interview but I did receive a shot. After the injection I was taken to the observation room for 30 minutes to see if I died, or developed spider-like reflexes. Neither happened but I did have a nice lunch at QDoba.

Prior to my appointment, friends were trying to talk me OUT of it (didn't realize I knew so many anti-vaxxers) but after receiving a text just this morning that my nephew and his family of 4 were all sick and tested positive for Covid, it sealed my participation. Then I came home to hear my wife's Mom in Florida is/has been sick with Covid. She's an at-risk person with asthma but sounds like she's on the mend. She's old generation so the concept of NOT visiting and hosting dinners is out of her capability.

Doctor's observations... When I mentioned my fam had tested positive, he said the testing is spotty at best (WAY too many false positives) and rife with fraud. He had first-hand accounts where he wrote testing orders, his patients went to the testing sites (he called it lines from hell) then patients got frustrated with the wait and left. The next day, (some) of those patients received calls from the testing facility that they tested positive and were ordered to quarantine for 14 days. Amazing since they never had the test done. He said there is financial incentive for reporting positive results. That on top of the spotty accuracy makes you question so many things.

His final comments after thanking me for participating, is "live your life".

Solid final parting thoughts - let's all live our lives to the best of our abilities. Live in fear, live invincibly, but LIVE your lives at this moment.

Oh - if I should die, please organize a "fun-run" or a telethon in memory of Patient #91 which is my trial identification going forward....

I appreciate you taking the time to post this. Keep us posted Patient #91