Could the National Championship Game be between Texas and Oklahoma?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Texas has knocked off three big ones and has one to go. The Championship rematch with Missouri or an upstart Nebraska would probably be a blowout. Okie still looks better than Okie State and Texas Tech. And aTm looks like it has more potential than Baylor. Baylor ooks like the doormat in the south again by end of the season. We will match them in the North unless a miracle happens.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
I'm actually hoping for a Texas-Alabama title game. That would be one helluva contest against two great teams, fantastic coaches and longstanding tradition.

That would be a great game but I still think that all the teams in the Big 12 and SEC this year are going to beat each other up and somebody will slip up towards the end. Who will be left in the BCS championship game?

Penn St and USC

Coincidence that both teams come from a conference with no championship game! This is where most slip-ups happen, aka Kansas St in the late-90's.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
zero chance. If Penn st doesn't get the other spot, it will be SEC. Alabama will play a 1 loss team in the SEC championship, I believe it will be Georgia.. you'll find out who this Saturday in florida.. but a one loss geogia gets in and deservedly so with their schedule.. honestly, I think florida or georgia will beat alabama this time around.. I think the winner of "The worlds largest cocktail party" goes to the NC game.. should be a great game to watch.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
I don't think two teams from the same conference should play for the national title. If you can't win your own conference title, why should you get a shot at the national title?

We can't just assume two teams from the same conference are the two best in the country. That's what people thought in 2006, and it turned out they were dead wrong.

PJZ

Dec 17, 2007
Who is we? The Big 12? Give me a break.

I have never understood why people are so focused on how the Big 12 does, especially the South. Does it help arguments with Suckeye fans later in the year when the conference we happen to belong to has a team in a big bowl game?

Could not agree more. I think it may have something to do with being a doormat.

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Can't happen. New rule a few years ago that you have to play in your conference title game to play in the BCS title game. Not the BCS, but the BCS Championship Game.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Won't happen, USC or a SEC team will jump ahead of OU. This was the same discussion a couple years ago with Michigan and OSU - they played in one of the best college football games I can remember when they were 1 and 2. OSU wins and goes to the National Championship to beat up on Florida (oh wait the Big 10 got the **** kicked out of them in that game and the Rose Bowl). That is fresh in voters memories and do not want teams from the same conference playing in the National Championship.....If Michigan would have beat USC and OSU would have beaten Florida - then there may be a chance for this game to happen.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron